Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Almost done, Please forgive me. I'm trying to make it as quickly as I can without it being complete crap.
  2.    #42  
    now thats a different approach to the logo
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    Almost done, Please forgive me. I'm trying to make it as quickly as I can without it being complete crap.
    no rush
    Ok well here it is. It's a really rough draft of course, I think it needs refinement of course but you get the idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    awesome, i just pictured the "im just a bill" from school house rocks in my head lol (i work with kids)
    Palm prē-ist.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  7.    #47  
    i like it perhaps in the next version it could feature the stock pre wallpaper with the pink-ish flowers ill try and put something together for tomorrow
  8.    #48  
    @ mrloserpunk very 90s-y
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    i like it perhaps in the next version it could feature the stock pre wallpaper with the pink-ish flowers ill try and put something together for tomorrow
    I was gonna put the stock pre wall paper on there but I didn't want to take even more time getting that right so I went with gray. In future iterations I plan on making the orange body portion into a ball with Palm on it as well. Shoelaces on the shoes, cartoony gloved hands, and better eyebrows. Like I said it's a rough draft. Easily posed since none of his body parts connect making it easy to customize IMHO.
    Ok, now I'm going to bed. Still no hands, and I havn't fixed the eyebrows, or the ball, but I did change the BG and add the default WebOS screen... However considering it's supposed to be a card I should probably come up with a better idea... I've got a couple but it's late. Tomorrow.
    How about a circle spiderweb with cards surrounded it with different things on the cards? (e-mail, music, calendar, etc)

Simple yet elegant.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I think it should just be an orange. It's Palm's colour, and everyone is always trying to compare apples to oranges...
    Good one! 8o)

Some of the ideas here made me waste some perfectly good work-time playing around with the card metaphor mostly trying to keep it simplistic, as the concept of the cards is. Card with a bite, sorry for the borrow there ... 8o)
    I may be thinking in a different direction here, but I was thinking instead of the logo being for WebOS, what about a new Palm logo. And my brain was going in the direction of the obvious. A logo that is literally a picture of a palm. Maybe I will try to put something out there along the lines of what I was thinking...
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    well webos literally means eggs so like one of the earlier posters said we could always do something with that
    NO it doesn't Huevo (pronounced "WAY-bo") is egg in spanish.. WebOS and Way-bo sound nothing alike.
    Maybe the symbol could be tux leaning against a palm tree. Yeah, Palm dropped the palm tree logo like 10 years ago, but it is still their name.
    actually Huevo is pronounced "U-eh-vos" ......still sounds nothing like Webos
    Here is what I was thinking regarding a 'Palm' logo.

Too obvious?
    Heres my crude attempt at it, I really liked the multiple cards from earlier posts. This is my take on it

and a smaller logo type version.

what abou something like this ?
  20.    #60  
    wow there are some great ideas here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast