Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hi guys...every time I try to get directions in Sprint Nav it states "Your account has expired. Renew or call 88.TeleNav.4". I thought Sprint Nav was free all together for Palm Pre? Did I miss out on something?

Thanks
    i would call them and tell them what happened they will get it fixed for you , it is free
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    are you another bell customer trying to use the sprint nav for free or an actual sprint customer
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    are you another bell customer trying to use the sprint nav for free or an actual sprint customer
    By the sound of that it seems like others have had this problem to haha. But yes I am yet another bell customer trying to fill the void with Sprint Nav. So is it a geographical limitation that Sprint has implement now?

Thanks
    I'm going to hazard a guess

sprint lisences from telenav just like att does, they just don't charge for it explixcitly, but build it into the service plans over-all cost.

telenav has a free trial for a month available on there site. http://www.telenav.com/

perhaps the free month of service is a built in part of the apps code, and everyone has been running a pseudo legit free trial but unknown to them it was limited. Now the time is expireing.

or they are catching on and shutting it all down.

Have you had it installed for a month?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Yes, before the last update about a month or so ago I had doctored my phone and had installed Sprint Nav after, so yes it has been a little over a month now. However, I have been using the Sprint Nav for about three months or so and it did not prompt with that message before. I am taking it has something to do with the new update.

I saw a similar topic about this but people were just flaming at each other and found no resolution. Sprint Nav is a good app and I would pay for it even but the only option I have right now is to homebrew it so would be cool if I could find a working solution for it.

Don't need anyone to start a flame war about stealing and stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by agusta View Post
    Yes, before the last update about a month or so ago I had doctored my phone and had installed Sprint Nav after, so yes it has been a little over a month now. However, I have been using the Sprint Nav for about three months or so and it did not prompt with that message before. I am taking it has something to do with the new update.

I saw a similar topic about this but people were just flaming at each other and found no resolution. Sprint Nav is a good app and I would pay for it even but the only option I have right now is to homebrew it so would be cool if I could find a working solution for it.

Don't need anyone to start a flame war about stealing and stuff
    try contacting telenav (the company that sprint lisences sprintnav from) and see if you can somehow purchase the service, might be able to get a code or something. The website I linked has instructions on the trial stuff. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $is$ $no$ $official$ $form$ $on$ $the$ $pre$ $or$ $webos$, $but$ $perhaps$ $this$ $could$ $be$ $a$ $way$ $to$ $get$ $it$.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    try contacting telenav (the company that sprint lisences sprintnav from) and see if you can somehow purchase the service, might be able to get a code or something. The website I linked has instructions on the trial stuff. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $is$ $no$ $official$ $form$ $on$ $the$ $pre$ $or$ $webos$, $but$ $perhaps$ $this$ $could$ $be$ $a$ $way$ $to$ $get$ $it$.
    Just sent Telenav a message, lets see what they say. Thanks for your help
    This happened to me tonight and I called the TeleNav # and got the runaround ultimately ending with me being told to call Sprint. It's 8 months exactly since I got my Pre. What a joke.
    I just got hit with this tonight (Sprint Pre), right before I'm trying to take a trip. TeleNav is useless, and Sprint has me on hold. I'm not happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().