Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    I recently had my Pre replaced for a broken power buttton, and i can't get the virtual keyboard working on my phone. I have tried installing via WebOS QuickInstall, and get an error message during the installation. I have used the OBSOLETEvirtual keyboard to remove anny virtual keyboard install files that were left, and tried re-installing with the same error. After using the OBSOLETE again, i tried installing via Preware, and got the same error...am i doing something wrong?
  2. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by axler464 View Post
    I recently had my Pre replaced for a broken power buttton, and i can't get the virtual keyboard working on my phone. I have tried installing via WebOS QuickInstall, and get an error message during the installation. I have used the OBSOLETEvirtual keyboard to remove anny virtual keyboard install files that were left, and tried re-installing with the same error. After using the OBSOLETE again, i tried installing via Preware, and got the same error...am i doing something wrong?
    After removing, and before reinstalling, try entering USB mode and deleting the virtual-keyboard, then reinstall and see if that works.
  3.    #3  
    Yea, i tried that the third time around...still wont work ??
  4. #4  
    in usb mode delete the folder vk that is and then reboot then go in web is QI and uninstall reboot then install with preware
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5. ay
    ay is offline
    ay's Avatar
    Posts
    720 Posts
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by axler464 View Post
    Yea, i tried that the third time around...still wont work ??
    Sorry for the obvious questions, but are you using WebOS Quick Install version 3.01? And you have the phone in Dev mode, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    in usb mode delete the folder vk that is and then reboot then go in web is QI and uninstall reboot then install with preware
    Yes - I mistakenly left off the word "folder"
  6.    #6  
    I have deleted the virtual-keyboard folder when in USB mode, but the installation still failed.
  7. Nesta's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by axler464 View Post
    I have deleted the virtual-keyboard folder when in USB mode, but the installation still failed.
    I had a simlar problem. The usual instructions (delete vk/ reinstall) don't work. I had to look at the patches log and reinstall the two files referenced in the patches log. I used WebOS Repair Utility to restore the files and the VK installed without issue after that. Youc an find the patches log when you go into USB mode.

Posting Permissions