Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    With recent articles on engadget and PPCgeeks (see here) about microsoft losing it's background task capabilities, I think WebOS is going to catch a lot of the former MS taskmasters.

However, competing with Android may be hard to do in that we need some power-user programs for doc viewing and editing, remote administration, serial device control, etc.

It would be nice if we had a place to share our app needs and maybe do some bounties (see here), just sayin.
    webos is nowhwere near ready to be a power platform maybe in a few months with 1.6 or maybe even 2.0
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    except for a lack of programs i don't understand why? hadware issue? battery?
    It's just not as reliable. Still some bugs. I say by 1.6 it should be there (well,depending how 1.4 is)

Hardware, software, battery, little keyboard.

I think Pre 2 will be the power platform and phone.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    It's just not as reliable. Still some bugs. I say by 1.6 it should be there (well,depending how 1.4 is)

Hardware, software, battery, little keyboard.

I think Pre 2 will be the power platform and phone.
    How is WebOS not reliable (or were you thinking more of hardware than software)? I'm really curious. (Thx in Advance for your answer.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I too thought that windows mobile was fairly reliable but this is in fact much more reliable for me. In fact people used to bark about WM being Unreliable
    The reason the pre is slow, is because the software is new, and their main focus wasn't the pre, but the platform in general. See, the iphone os, was written for iphone 2g hardware and up, and was slow at first. Android was written for g1 hardware, and up, and was slow at first, web-os is written for palm pre, and up so it's slow now.

In june we should see a 1ghz pre, but we won't see a real power beast until next year, when omap 4 processors will be ready.

if you haven't heard of the omap 4 processors, this will blow you away : TI's OMAP4 promises 1080p, 145-hour music playback | Electronista

I think web-os, should run fairly well on that, don't you? By that time it will be webos 2+. and palm will have a extremely solid platform (don't get me wrong, i love my pre, but it lacks certain features)... Still my favorite phone on the market though, Well after the palm pre plus.....
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    thank you nimer, that reply makes sense. although the g1 is still rocking most of the new software including turn by turn navigation.

maybe it's the Pre as in pre-release device.
    Sure.

Just today I was trying to use the gps and it decided not to work. Tried to call with the phone app instead and for the first time ever it had an error where the phone was trying to connect to the caller. And when I try to end the call the button would not end (button highlights) . Swiped the phone app away and it still would reopen to the same page. Had stitcher open, closed that. Internet still worked just not gps and phone.

Had to restart phone.

No homebrew so don't blame that.

Missed the call from my boss in the down time. Not reliable enough imo.

Other issues people also had... Like the alarms not going off and the time being wrong.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html