Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Real quick.....

Updated all patches - should be good to go.

What about things on the tweaks page? Squarify the screen, iphone spoof, dialer background, etc.?

Thanks
    What are you trying to ask here (if anything) or are you just trying to state something you did? If you have updated your patches via Preware or WebOS Quick Install 3.x (which uses AUPT) you really don't have any other prep needed for WebOS 1.4.

Disclaimer: I don't do themes, so I'll make no statements about them either way.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    My question is......

Do I need to undo things on the tweaks page of WebOS Quick Install, like Squarify the screen, iphone spoof, dialer background, etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by mugsaway View Post
    My question is......

Do I need to undo things on the tweaks page of WebOS Quick Install, like Squarify the screen, iphone spoof, dialer background, etc.?
    Yes and remove any theme you might be using prior to the OTA
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Yes and remove any theme you might be using prior to the OTA
    aupt was made so we would not have to remove everything wasnt it 2sslow ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    aupt was made so we would not have to remove everything wasnt it 2sslow ??
    AUPT is just for patches and only for OTA, It will not work for the DR.

Themes and Tweaks in Wosqi are not AUPT compatible.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

the title of the thread is prepping for the ota right?? then why remove those tweaks is what im saying?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the title of the thread is prepping for the ota right?? then why remove those tweaks is what im saying?
    I dont understand your post.

To prepare for the OTA you must remove any "TWEAKS in WOSQI" as they are not AUPT compatible as well as remove any Themes you have installed!

Patches are safe now....After the OTA go to PreWare and hit update all and all of the patches that are compatible (or already ported) w/ the OTA will be restored automatically. Any patches that are not compatible w/ the OTA will be put aside untill they are ported to the latest firmware then you will receive an update notice to install the new version of that particular patch.

Follow the link below.

i thought jason said all patches and tweaks were good with the aupt stuff that why im asking
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Ill have to talk to jason but i dont believe the "TWEAKS" are AUPT.

If I am wrong im sincerely sorry.

Ill post back after I talk to Jason

Follow the link below.

thats kool i just want to know for sure is all!!?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I have talked to rwhitby on webos-internals and was told he was assuming that they are so untill I hear differently from Jason I will assume the same....Worst case well have to visit the Dr. lol

Follow the link below.

kool thanks !! its good to see the doc once in a while lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    lemme get this srt8... your saying when 1.4 is released we dont have to do ERP, then update to 1.4 then reinstall patches...?Cuz I updated all my patches so Im safe right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmac06 View Post
    lemme get this srt8... your saying when 1.4 is released we dont have to do ERP, then update to 1.4 then reinstall patches...?Cuz I updated all my patches so Im safe right?
    Yes for patches and apparently tweaks (wosqi) but not for themes!

Just go to preware after ota and update all!

Follow the link below.

Don't take the chance. Ditch the tweaks, patches, and themes. Install the update, then go back and re-do the tweaks, patches, and themes. The hour of your time to do it this way is a lot less hassle than the hours (plural) that it'll take to straighten it out if all doesn't go smoothly.
    The Saint
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    Don't take the chance. Ditch the tweaks, patches, and themes. Install the update, then go back and re-do the tweaks, patches, and themes. The hour of your time to do it this way is a lot less hassle than the hours (plural) that it'll take to straighten it out if all doesn't go smoothly.
    The webos-internals team has Hours (plural)(multiple hundreds) into aupt so I believe Ill trust them...Patches are fine as well as Tweaks in WOSQI..

THE ONLY THINGS THAT MUST BE REMOVED ARE THEMES!

Follow the link below.

xD ok sounds good to me!
    yeah...I'm trusting them! We all should...after all their hours of work and many tests!!! It'll be a disservice and a spit in the face if we all continued to remove the patches and reinstall, if that's the case,their hard work is pointless..ppl complained about havin to remove patches n reinstall for palm updates and when they work out a solution ppl stiiiill wanna complain and be all skeptical..lets trust and support our team!! We trust palms team why not preware team..they are doing a better job if you ask me!
    Well, we appreciate the faith that people have in WebOS Internals

Whether to remove patches or not this time is really a personal decision.

The upgrade process has been tested by about 5 or so people many many times (each full cycle involved doctoring a phone to 1.3.1, installing 200 patches, waiting for an OTA update, then hitting update all, then doing it all again when a bug was found, and Eric did that over 30 times on his personal phone), but it is only 5 or so people that have done that full test.

There *will* be issues for some people when the next webOS version drops. That is inevitable. Some people will have really old manual changes, or patches that they've installed manually, or patches that they've installed with really old versions of tools, or themes installed, or mytether 2.0 installed, or any number of other things which can stuff things up.

We have thoroughly and comprehensively tested the case where *all* patches have been installed using Preware, and *no* themes have ever been installed, and no other programs like MyTether or other programs that mess with webOS files are installed.

If you stray outside that defined area, then there's a good chance that things can go wrong (and truthfully, if they do we will advise you to visit the webOS Doctor).

If you stay inside that defined area (and using WebOS Quick Install 3.0 is probably within that defined area too, but we haven't personally tested that ourselves), then we are fairly confident that it should be a smooth patch upgrade for a large majority of people.

But there are no guarantees.

So trust your own instinct, but be brave when you can.

I personally recommend that you use Preware to install patches, that you remove any themes before updates, and trust AUPT to do the rest.

But if you absolutely can not bear a trip to the webOS Doctor under any circumstances, then you may want to EPR first as well for your own peace of mind.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast