Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Not flaming here... just letting you know that this subject has been posted MANY times before.

Here's just one of the threads that covers all of these questions about how to handle 1.4 and patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deck82 View Post
    So once we update to 1.4 will we then need to run "Emergency Patch Installer" to get all the patches back or does Preware notice you need to install all of them again from the log created by AUPT? I noticed Emergency Patch Installer was added to Preware yesterday and it looks like it will install all patches at once were as it appears Preware will require each to be installed one at a time.
    After the update Preware will notice you need to update them and allow you to do so.
    You do not need to remove any patches before, or after.
    I have the latest version of Preware but I installed my patches before getting it.
    Does that make a difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I have the latest version of Preware but I installed my patches before getting it.
    Does that make a difference?
    Shouldn't matter.
    As long as they are all up to date by the time 1.4 update comes you should be good to go.
    OK, did a little research, AFTER updating to 1.4, I need to open Preware and update the patches, then I'm all set.
    Correct.
    How can I tell if my patches are up to date?
    Quote Originally Posted by jedisrus View Post
    How can I tell if my patches are up to date?
    If there are any updates available in Preware, than they are not up to day. Otherwise they are. (Exclusions include ones installed through Quick Install, and you'd have to go back to the patch's thread or the location of the original patch you downloaded to find out wither or not it's up to date)
    I've never been around for an update. Is this something we need to d/l or does the Pre tell you there is an update and ask if u want to install it?

ET
    You can check the Update App on your launcher (it's the one that's a gift box) regularly for official Palm updates. You can also keep an eye on P|C, since it will be posted here pretty much as soon as it's available. Once it's available you go to that Update App, tap Download, then tap Install. Then leave your phone alone, no matter what, till it's done installing. Usually it will then restart and you will have the updated OS running from then on. You can check the OS number by going to Device Info on your launcher.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    You can check the Update App on your launcher (it's the one that's a gift box) regularly for official Palm updates. You can also keep an eye on P|C, since it will be posted here pretty much as soon as it's available. Once it's available you go to that Update App, tap Download, then tap Install. Then leave your phone alone, no matter what, till it's done installing. Usually it will then restart and you will have the updated OS running from then on. You can check the OS number by going to Device Info on your launcher.
    True... but you can also simply do nothing and your device will let you know when an update is available and tell you it will download it in the background during times you aren't using it. Once it has downloaded, it will prompt you to install. If you leave it, it will automatically install the update also. So if you don't feel like (or remember) to check for an update, the device does it all for you automatically.
    I always forget that ^^^ 'cause I'm so anxious to get the next update once I know it's available (I don't mean impatient for it to come out, or I think they're too slow with the updates, just that once I know it's there I want it immediately. Heh).
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  13. Evansgw
    I doctored mine to get rid of everything. Extreme and pretty annoying, but was struggling to get rid of some patches. Looking forward to a clean install of WebOS 1.4!
    Well, i can't wait. I'm SOOO looking forward to the text and calendar updates.

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Not flaming here... just letting you know that this subject has been posted MANY times before.

Here's just one of the threads that covers all of these questions about how to handle 1.4 and patches.
    Thanks.

I merged this thread and four others.
    Just call me Berd.
    <<moved to correct forum>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Do I have to uninstall MyTether before the new OTA?
    I hate to beat the dead horse, but in the several 1.4/AUPT threads I've read, or the threads on these 2 topics, they have not been discussed, that I have been able to discover. If anyone has the answers I'd appreciated it.

1. I have my pre clocked to 600mhz. I used the terminal command, w/o smartflex or cpu scaling. Do I need to undo this before the update? and if not, will i need to redo the terminal commands to get back to 600mhz?

2. I have the mobilehotspot app, and used WQI to install the IP forwarding patch. Does this need to be removed? It was installed with the latest WQI. which states it is AUPT compatible, but does this go for patches we install? Would I just need to hook up the pre to WQI again for it to *update* the patch?

Thanks in advance for the help.
    things like squarify and iphone spoof are NOT patches and probably should be removed prior to ota. You'll need to ask Jason which tweaks are patches and which aren't
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123