1.    #1  
    I've figured out how to delete apps I downloaded that I didn't like, but how do I get rid of apps that are bundled. I have no use for Football, NASCAR, and a few others. Can someone tell me how to dump these, please?
    The only way to get rid of them is through patches. Or you can do what I did and move them to the last page under everything else.
    "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue"
    Quote Originally Posted by yankees2323 View Post
    The only way to get rid of them is through patches. Or you can do what I did and move them to the last page under everything else.
    not true... you can delete them... but theres no point as they barely free any space... so yourejust better off hiding them through patches
  4.    #4  
    I'd rather not deal with patches, especially after everything I've read here. How do I delete these apps? I already have them at the very bottom of the launcher.
    You can't delete them without rooting your phone or installing patches. The best you can do is pretend they aren't there.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
  6.    #6  
    Sorry, according to sketch42 there is a way to delete those apps. I have no idea what "rooting" the phone means. I'm hoping that sketch42 will post how to delete those apps. I would rather not resort to pretending the apps aren't there. They should never have been bundled in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by animemom View Post
    Sorry, according to sketch42 there is a way to delete those apps. I have no idea what "rooting" the phone means. I'm hoping that sketch42 will post how to delete those apps. I would rather not resort to pretending the apps aren't there. They should never have been bundled in the first place.
    You said you don't want to deal with patches. Deleting the apps involves patches. It actually involves more, since you would be doing it yourself instead of a prefab solution.

I am a business consultant and a former software engineer, and understand why they were bundled. They (Sprint) have spent quite a bit on their sponsorship of NASCAR and NFL. Furthermore, Palm wants to get their commission for apps. It's not that serious for you; it's serious for them.

Just hide them or forget them.
  8.    #8  
    Never mind. If nobody wishes to share instructions on how to delete bundled apps, I'll try my luck with Sprint or Palm. I was hoping that the forums would be helpful, not cause me more headaches.
    I think this forum did help you by letting you know that you can't delete the Sprint apps without hacking your phone. If you are afraid of patches I am sure that getting into the root of the phone would make you p#ss ur self.
    you would have more headaches trying to delete them ,than you would installing the patches that remove the icons , for real !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11.    #11  
    Got a link on how to delete the NASCAR and NFL apps from the Sprint rep. I haven't posted enough to include the link, but it involves editing the json file. Good thing I'm married to a network admin who can do this for me, but who knows what Palm will install the next time there's an OS update. Sigh.
    They cannot be uninstalled. The best you can do is to install the patches that remove the icons from your launcher.
    The Saint
    I haven't posted enough to include the link, but it involves editing the json file.
    So you're going to root the phone like we said you'd have to in the first place?
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
  14.    #14  
    Still no idea what "root" the phone means. Sorry, I'm just an ordinary person with a phone. I don't speak computer-ese.
    Enjoy your Pre!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Still no idea what "root" the phone means. Sorry, I'm just an ordinary person with a phone. I don't speak computer-ese.
    The fact is what everyone said, you cannot remove them without "patching" your operating system on the phone. Editing the json file is a hack to the OS that was not intended by Palm as a standard feature. The store rep was telling you exactly what everyone else told you, you *can* hide them or even delete them, but not without modifying your phone's operating system.

You said you wanted to avoid patching your OS due to what you read on the forums, well the store rep essentially told you to patch your OS.
    You can either patch your phone with quickinstall/preware, or patch it yourself by editing the json file, and if something gets messed up by doing it yourself you're more than likely going to have to doctor your pre. Install preware, patch phone, learn computer-ease.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]