1.    #1  
    I've got a number of contacts where I have a husband and wife stored under the same profile, with one of their cell phones listed as "mobile" and one listed as "pager". When I get a text from one of them, I can't figure out how to tell which number it's coming from, so I don't know which one of them is texting me. Is there a way to see this that I might be missing?
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    i had the same problem, I have split the 2 contacts into their own contact.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    When you are in a text conversation window, you can tap the "text" box in the upper right hand corner. It will have a checkmark next to who you are in a conversation with. You can switch back and forth, and it will show you which number the latest text came from.

This is a really good patch request idea. I am going to submit it to the experts.
  4.    #4  
    Are you sure that always works? I tried looking at that checkmark before the last time I wasn't sure, and I thought it was showing it from one person, who then turned out to be the person *not* texting me. Does that always show the last number that a text came in from, or just the last one you sent out to?
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    2 different people 2 different contacts....problem solved...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    When you are in a text conversation window, you can tap the "text" box in the upper right hand corner. It will have a checkmark next to who you are in a conversation with. You can switch back and forth, and it will show you which number the latest text came from.

This is a really good patch request idea. I am going to submit it to the experts.
    Okay, so I did a few tests with a friend and it looks like that does work. I must have seen it wrong last time. So that's a good workaround.

Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    2 different people 2 different contacts....problem solved...
    Yeah, I can go through my 1000+ contacts and modify every existing "couple" contact and add a new contact for all of those splits, and take a half an afternoon to do it. But in general I'm not a big fan of new products or devices telling you that the problem is that you need to start doing things another way, instead of the way that's always worked before and works on every other product. Leave that kind of thinking to Apple.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by popechild View Post
    Yeah, I can go through my 1000+ contacts and modify every existing "couple" contact and add a new contact for all of those splits, and take a half an afternoon to do it. But in general I'm not a big fan of new products or devices telling you that the problem is that you need to start doing things another way, instead of the way that's always worked before and works on every other product. Leave that kind of thinking to Apple.
    honestly all jokes aside I would suggest editing your contacts as a vCard or so...
    I had to so the same thing and my contacts are alot more organized because of it...
    Last edited by H Cubed; 02/05/2010 at 07:20 PM.