Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I've been looking around, and there doesn't seem to be any discussion about it, so I pose a question:

Is it possible to set a Wifi Network's Priority?
    I have one network that's always around my campus, and another in my room. Both are available in my room, but I want to be connected to the room one when possible. I've tried adding both networks in different order, but so far it still seems to randomly decide.
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    No way, huh? Ah well... I guess that's just another thing for the 1.4 wishlist
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Did anyone figure this out??
    I have wifi in my device menu. When I turn wifi on it lets me pick the network I want. It will assume that as the default until it can't find it. So in your case I would only have to specify the first time I came in to the room. It would automatically switch to the campus wifi when your room is out of range.

is that not what you are looking for?
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I have wifi in my device menu. When I turn wifi on it lets me pick the network I want. It will assume that as the default until it can't find it. So in your case I would only have to specify the first time I came in to the room. It would automatically switch to the campus wifi when your room is out of range.

is that not what you are looking for?
    I believe what he is looking for is the ability to specify a priority in the event that 2 networks become visible at the same time (say, upon reboot of the phone). That's what I'm looking for, anyway.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I'm in the same situation -- once WebOS latches onto a network, it doesn't look to see if there's a stronger, more-preferred signal around, etc. I've taken to de-associating my Pre from the 2nd strongest network by my house (otherwise, I'm constantly linking to the wrong network).

If it's any consolation: I don't know of many devices that do this well. My thinkpad pretends to have a priority order, but, it picks the wrong network sometimes.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->