1.    #1  
    Is there a way to directly download and install a homebrew app on the Pre?
    Not sure I understand your question or what exactly you're trying to do. You should search for Preware and WebOS Quick Install (aka WOSQI) and read about them. They are the primary ways to install Homebrew apps.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    that would be nice.like a computer
    I don't believe there is for homebrew, but this really is at the core of palms new web app distribution model. Do a quick search and you'll find a bunch of info.
    It would be nice to get WebOs download like how Android does it with an APK! I was just wondering if there is anyway we can just download an app from the browser like on Android?
    Yes you can, and it's actually done quite often on this here forum, but I believe you'll need Internalz (possibly Internalz Pro, not sure) to install the .ipk file for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Yes you can, and it's actually done quite often on this here forum, but I believe you'll need Internalz (possibly Internalz Pro, not sure) to install the .ipk file for you.
    I think only preware is enough. I remember when I installed preware I was asked whether to associate ipk files with preware. I download internalz pro right after I installed preware and I didn't have the time to check it. But with internalz it works 100%. I do it with the apps from precentral.
    Keep in mind the homebrew version of Internalz is now known as Internalz Pro. Regular "Internalz" is on the App Catalog doesn't handle .ipk files, due to security issues. Internalz Pro, however, has full support for installing .ipk files and is able to register itself as a .ipk handle. I use Internalz Pro myself for off-feed .ipk installing, but I may be biased, lol.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Keep in mind the homebrew version of Internalz is now known as Internalz Pro. Regular "Internalz" is on the App Catalog doesn't handle .ipk files, due to security issues. Internalz Pro, however, has full support for installing .ipk files and is able to register itself as a .ipk handle. I use Internalz Pro myself for off-feed .ipk installing, but I may be biased, lol.
    Just out of curiosity, why is Internalz Pro closed source?