1.    #1  
    I went from having a Pre to an HTC Hero only because of the horrid battery life of the Pre that I had. It wouldn't even last half way through the day without having to be charged, but I still follow this forum and precentral.net everyday. I love WebOS, but I just need better hardware..

Sure, it might be a bit soon, but what do you guys think will be the next WebOS phone?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Web OS ought to start making the rounds over to ...

ipod touch competitor (not tied to phone service)
    Ipad competitor with a modified GUI to match the screen size
    netbooks really wouldn't make any sense IMO
    Automotive use (Think of Ford/ Microsoft Sync)
    HDTV's have tremendous processing power; but their OS's are horrible when connecting with devices/ web / etc. etc. etc.... with something like webOS, integrating a multi-media experience could be far far smoother, and better.
    While at it... PS4 could adopt the use of an existing OS rather than develop their own extended flavors of unix (yes yes, I know webos is unix/ linux based).

So there we have it... where WebOS could/should pop up... what am I missing?
    I Love my Pre and my sprint service but i think i may switch to the HTC supersonic (looks pretty sexy and it has WiMAX!) pending the release of a Pre 2... How are you guys feeling, think you'll stick with Web OS or move on to one of the other choices out there? For the record i do like Web OS more than any other mobile OS that's out there even though at times it seems a bit half baked.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by nevaeh.aaric View Post
    I Love my Pre and my sprint service but i think i may switch to the HTC supersonic (looks pretty sexy and it has WiMAX!) pending the release of a Pre 2... How are you guys feeling, think you'll stick with Web OS or move on to one of the other choices out there? For the record i do like Web OS more than any other mobile OS that's out there even though at times it seems a bit half baked.
    Right now, I am happy with my HTC Hero on Sprint (after owning a Palm Pre), but I gotta tell you, there are some big things I miss about the Pre, particulary it's webOS... I loved the multitasking, it was so simple to use and, in the words of Steve Jobs, "it just works". While Android is good, I think if there ever is a Pre 2, I will be switching back to webOS. I'm a big fan of multitasking, and while Android does have multitasking, it's no where near as dynamic or useful as it is on webOS. And Palm is constantly providing new updates and fixes for the OS, unlike Google/HTC who barely released a new patch every 6 months (still waiting on Android update 2.1..). The only problem I saw with the Pre was the hardware, and I'm sure Palm can fix that (as they already have with the Pre Plus).

Anyway, back on task, I would love to see HTC coming in and making a webOS phone. I know I would definitely get a phone like that. HTC is very good at taking a basic interface (Windows Mobile) and turning it into something great, fun, and easy to use (HTC Sense UI on WM).

Quote Originally Posted by nthimage
    While at it... PS4 could adopt the use of an existing OS rather than develop their own extended flavors of unix (yes yes, I know webos is unix/ linux based).
    I don't agree with that point.. PS3 has one of the best, if not the best, operating system's I have seen on a game console, and I would disappointed in them using webOS in PS4. While webOS is great, the cross media bar (XMB) interface is simply amazing and is perfect for everything Sony. It's exactly what Sony needs, something simple and frankly, webOS without a touch interface would just be a hassle, and I definitely do not see Sony integrating a touch interface into the PS4. But all your other points are great.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I'm of course a Palm Pre owner and the battery life in my opinion is fine now, though I have a 1400 mugen battery I can last a full 24hrs using it and 2 days on standby. Android is a poor upgrade from windows mobile 6.1 hence the rip of sbp shell from winmo. Palm will make another device later this most likely will go to sprint first and will be a bigger screen, with a faster processor and alot more ram, prob more then the pre plus. I think Palm should stick to making their next phone, and releasing it on various carriers first, then dabble into the ipads of the world.