1.    #1  
    Hello,

I'm a brand new Pre Plus user. I e-mailed an M4A to myself so I could save it and then use it as a ringtone. The file plays fine, but in e-mail. I can't find an option to save it to the music database. What gives?

For now, I hook it up with USB (I don't like doing that) and copy it to the ringtone folder. Then I can use it no problem. This is the same exact file I e-mailed.

I've tried with several different files and I always get the same exact problem.

Is this a bug? Am I missing something?

Thanks,

kazoo
    Unless I missed an updated post, it is not possible without homebrew... I used terminal to locate the file attachment and copy it to my ringtones folder.
    You can use WebOS Quick Install to send the file through USB without having to actually enter "USB Drive" mode. Just click on Send File, select the file and type in the path where you want it to go (e.g. /media/internal/ringtones/mytone.m4a ).
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    yeah it can't be done w/o a homebrew patch. I think Jason's Internalz app might do this for you.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/internalz
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    yeah it can't be done w/o a homebrew patch. I think Jason's Internalz app might do this for you.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/internalz
    I tried to use Internalz to find the file, but the sms/mail attachments are buried down in the folder hash structure, making them very hard to find by navigating the tree. After I located the file from terminal using a find command, that may have been how I copied it to the ringtones folder... been long enough I don't remember.
  6.    #6  
    I don't get it though. The user guide says that supported files should open in their respective apps and then you can "save as" to the location. ???