1.    #1  
    Ok, someone pl,ease help me I am getting nowhere with sprint or palm. I have a palm pre and I had some issues when I did my weekly updates. I had several apps the failed to download which resulted in a called to sprint and a hard reset. Problem solved? not so much! now I reinstalled my webos and preware and the install from my computer was fine until I tried to bring up preware on my phone now all I get is a message that says the "package manager service" is not operating am I sure I installed it? I have unistalled preware and reinstalled 3x and done another hard rest with the same issue. I have called sprint and palm and not one tech can tell me what is wrong is there a cyber guru out there that can help??

thanks
    Critter
    Sounds like you need to call the doctor, he has always helped me in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by critter2006 View Post
    Ok, someone pl,ease help me I am getting nowhere with sprint or palm. I have a palm pre and I had some issues when I did my weekly updates. I had several apps the failed to download which resulted in a called to sprint and a hard reset. Problem solved? not so much! now I reinstalled my webos and preware and the install from my computer was fine until I tried to bring up preware on my phone now all I get is a message that says the "package manager service" is not operating am I sure I installed it? I have unistalled preware and reinstalled 3x and done another hard rest with the same issue. I have called sprint and palm and not one tech can tell me what is wrong is there a cyber guru out there that can help??

thanks
    Critter
    This is documented in depth in multiple threads. It's because you have homebrew applications on your device and did not remove patches or themes before updating. Additionally with this specific update, you needed to remove or migrate your homebrew apps prior to updating. The latest Preware and Package Manager Service now uses the AutoUpdate scheme so you won't have to un-install patches like you have before.

Since you have Preware, you must have used webOS Quick Install.
    1. Use WOSQI to install and update Package Manager Service
    2. Update your Preware to the current version
    3. In Preware, Search for the Emergency Migration Helper
    4. Install and run it and read the description/information