Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Wouldn't the Pre's little ARM processor fare well for SNES? I would love to play some Kirby Super Star or Super Mario World on the go!

Couldn't a Linux emulator be ported w/ DIRECTFB or something?

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Kujila; 02/02/2010 at 07:52 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    spaghett!!
    really could somebody make this happen?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    we havent been able to run gba well.. until then , we can move to snes..
    Just look for an emulator in SDL and you could try to do it yourself.

I believe the problem so far is zsnes, which is in sdl, requires x or is required to be compiled to use svgalib, both of which I believe are not something easily done/possible in Pre. Though I could be wrong (but if it was easy it would already be done).
    while I am for it, I found playing the GBC roms on VBA to be a pain. Games like Super Mario Bros and Donkey Kong Country are my favorites but the small keyboard discourages the use of simultaneous A & B (for breaking into a run and jumping).

Infact I also felt many times that the Pre's keyboard is too delicate to take such hard use.
    im kinda surprised we dont have snes yet . most platforms i have snes is usually one of the 1st emulators ported.

it has a VAST collection of games and more GOOD games than gameboy
    Quote Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
    im kinda surprised we dont have snes yet . most platforms i have snes is usually one of the 1st emulators ported.

it has a VAST collection of games and more GOOD games than gameboy
    Good game does not an easy port make.
    fast paced games doesnt sound good to me but slower games like rpgs would be great like CHRONO TRIGGER, nuff said
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I would imagine the SNES takes much fewer resources to emulate than a GBA.
    let me know when this happens
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Why has this not happened yet? Seriously.

Am I going to have to switch to android for something as easily ported as an SNES emulator? D: >
    I feel once the PDK is out in full swing, developers for the iPhone that have already created emulators. I could see them getting ported if the interest was shown.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Forget SNES. I want to play some Neo Geo! The SNES had the top shoulder buttons that would be a pain to use but I am really surprised we do not have Little John Palm (LJP) natively supported yet.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Super Mario Advance 2 for GBA is Super Mario World. Try it out, OP! If you want good suggestions for GBA games, check out..

Metacritic: Index of Game Boy Advance Game Reviews by Score

But yeah... SNES emulation and a whole lot more should be out quickly after the PDK update. We should even see emulators in the official App store due to Palm's official support of it! That's a first for smartphone platforms, if I'm not mistaken.
    I'm surprised by the lack of emulators for WebOS as well. Especially with the introduction of the PDK...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    would loooooooooooooove for this to happen
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Im not getting VBA in my feed ;(
    Quote Originally Posted by saves View Post
    Im not getting VBA in my feed ;(
    Do you have a Pre or a Pixi?

In Preware, go to 'List of Everything' and type "visual". VisualBoyAdvance should show up.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    It's sad, my zire 72 was much better for the games I enjoy playing than my Palm Pre. I loved using the D-Pad for playing Super Mario World. I know LJP works in classic, but I don't think SNES does, and the keyboard isn't as good for those types of games as I originally thought.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast