Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    1) Open the Browser
    2) Load any web-page
    3) Bring up the browser menu
    4) Click Page -> Add to Launcher

    Now, when you normally add a website to your launcher the icon will default to the upper left most portion of the page. But you can customize the icon:

    5) Click the icon (see below):



    6) You can now choose which portion of the website you want for the icon. You can pinch to zoom for a close up. This should be handy for people who don't like ugly icons in their launcher

    Note: This trick also works for adding Bookmarks.
  2. #2  
    Great feature to bring back up I remember it from here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ok-cooool.html and was suprised then. I applied the 100 bookmark limit and shrunk the icons so they look better.
  3. #3  
    Cool!

    Thanks. Love all the fun stuff this phone can do!
  4. keri2000's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    #4  
    You know, I tried FOREVER to figure out how to do this with my WinMo phone. I never did figure that out. This is one of my favorite features of this phone. I have a circuit of sites I visit daily, including this one, and clicking the link right from the launcher is just so darn easy. I didn't know about customizing the icon, so thanks a ton for bringing this back up.
  5. #5  
    very cool indeed Marion..>Thanks a lot
  6. #6  
    another thing was to save the icon while doing a google search then input hte correct URL before saving it
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    another thing was to save the icon while doing a google search then input hte correct URL before saving it
    Yep this is an even sweeter trick
  8. #8  
    Nice finding. Thanks
  9. #9  
    Thanks. But how do you remove it from the launcher?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Thanks. But how do you remove it from the launcher?
    orange(or opt)+tap icon.
    There are four lights.
  11.    #11  
    Just bring up the launcher, hold Orange & then click the icon. Then you can choose to delete it.
  12. #12  
    thanks. I still getting to know my Pre, this helps.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    another thing was to save the icon while doing a google search then input hte correct URL before saving it
    can you explain what you are describing here?
    ***I Twitter***

    Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  14. #14  
    1) find the webpage you want to save.
    2) copy the url.
    3) google image search for the icon
    4) set to save as bookmark
    5) set up image for the bookmark icon (zoom, pan etc)
    6) change URL in bookmark to the one you copied
    7) ????
    8) PROFIT
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    1) find the webpage you want to save.
    2) copy the url.
    3) google image search for the icon
    4) set to save as bookmark
    5) set up image for the bookmark icon (zoom, pan etc)
    6) change URL in bookmark to the one you copied
    7) ????
    8) PROFIT
    THANKS!!!
    pretty easy to do....but the bookmark still changes pictures in the first browser page. is there a way to make that static like original ESPN or FB bookmark?
    ***I Twitter***

    Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  16. #16  
    +1
    How do I make the Icon "stick" ?
  17. #17  
    thanks for the tip!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    1) Open the Browser
    2) Load any web-page
    3) Bring up the browser menu
    4) Click Page -> Add to Launcher

    Now, when you normally add a website to your launcher the icon will default to the upper left most portion of the page. But you can customize the icon:

    5) Click the icon (see below):


    6) You can now choose which portion of the website you want for the icon. You can pinch to zoom for a close up. This should be handy for people who don't like ugly icons in their launcher

    Note: This trick also works for adding Bookmarks.
    I don't think it 'sticks' either, when you go back later it reloads with a different icon.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernlanes View Post
    I don't think it 'sticks' either, when you go back later it reloads with a different icon.
    Hmm, I've not heard of this problem - it doesn't revert for me
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Hmm, I've not heard of this problem - it doesn't revert for me
    when you click preferences--> bookmarks. those icons never change.

    but on the main page after tapping browser icon, when shows 12 bookmarks...those change.

    so is there a way to make those static?
    ***I Twitter***

    Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions