Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way to "tab" from the physical keyboard on a WebOS device?

For example, when I'm on a web page and entering information, I have to tap the first field I want to enter information into, type, and then tap the screen again to move to the next field. Back and forth like that over and over is not a very efficient way to enter data. I'm missing the 5-way-Nav functionality from my years of Treos and Centros.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I would love to know the answer to this. There are so many less than obvious tricks to the pre kb!
    not currently able to do this but you should put in a request for a patch to do this lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    you can download a pdf file that has every shurtcut and all kinds of things you don't know about the pre. Google it
    wheres the link for that file jordan
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Here's the Tips & Tricks .pdf I'm familiar with.
    Download the file in the first post. Hasn't been updated in a while, but still lots of useful knowledge.

forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/186420-palm-pre-pixi-tips-tricks.html

Regards,
    Josh
  7.    #7  
    So.... is there no way to tab to a new field then?

The more I think about this, the more it seems like a huge time saver that is missing in WebOS. It's not just in a web page but every where - even in applications. I can't believe that it isn't built in there from a usability standpoint.
    Shall we just add it to the list of the many of the extremely useful and productive things we were accustomed to in PalmOS that were left out of webOS?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Shall we just add it to the list of the many of the extremely useful and productive things we were accustomed to in PalmOS that were left out of webOS?
    I guess so.
    +1
    Oh were oh were art thou brave wizard developer whost shall bring back from thy grave, the tab key?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Can't tab on the emulator either.
    I vote for a tab function, too.
    +1
    How about a short swipe down in the gesture area? Someone make this happen! Palm - are you listening? a short swipe from the gesture area and down off the phone = tab to the next box!!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phenoum View Post
    How about a short swipe down in the gesture area? Someone make this happen! Palm - are you listening? a short swipe from the gesture area and down off the phone = tab to the next box!!
    I guess that would be better than nothing but I would much prefer that it was something that could be done right from the keyboard. Maybe something like Orange (Opt) + Return. The whole idea is to make data entry quicker to make the Pre (or any WebOS device) a better business device. I want to avoide going back and forth from the keyboard to the screen.
    option + spacebar was the way they did it before. Kept the flow of typing going.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    well I know with the rrack ball on androids ab blackberries they let you move from one highlited link or botton to another. This comes in handy in circumstances when just hovering a mouse over a link reveals an additional menu. Far as I can tell, that is the only fuction missing from the WebOS browser. That's why I was dissapointed when they took away the home button instead of making it a track ball or track pad. PALM. Please include this on your next webOS device....
    think the trackpad is ideal with these touch based OS's. Since the screen is generally limited to movement, a secondary method for cursor type navigation is sorely needed and often overlooked. I was using the Samsung Moment for quite awhile and having the 4-way direction keys was just a godsend. Navigating and selecting text was just so smooth and easy. Having the ability to combine that with keyboard shortcuts would just be the perfect compliment. I really don't understand the trend on these touchscreen phones (outside of cost) to move away from d-pads, trackpads and trackballs. It's more important on capacative screens than it was on conductive just for the pinpoint precision without having to zoom in and out all time. Zoom in to select. Zoom out to read and type. It's a pain.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    +1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast