1.    #1  
    I am an average user who loves the tech world. I look at the iphone and think ok it has over 100k apps and android has over 10k. With apps already in place for these OS why is it taking so long for them to come to WebOS? Ok take yelp on a iphone yelp has many more functions than the WebOS version. I am not a developer so I have no idea what it takes or how long to make an app. that being said I saw the Hope for Hati app that took less than 2 weeks from thought to app. Am I way off? Now I know that Palm is a smaller market than I iphone but why aren't we seeing more useful apps (looking at you Dijit). Can't they be ported pretty fast? I'm looking for ESPN app an IM app and better facebook with chat. I am not asking for 100k apps Just the best of best. Let me break it down I want a great weather app. (Can't tell which is the best) A great news app I use New York Times or AP. I want great sports app like for the 10th time ESPN. Some games and simple productively apps like evernote southwest. Please tell me what you think and a little insight into the app making process.
    its taking so long lol (app store just opened like two months ago or three cant remember now) because its not worth it for them to make an app thats not going to sell at least 1000 or even ten thousand times . when more people get the pre the apps will start piling up like they already have been as of late . lol relax they will be here soon enough
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ? Webos has only been out since mid 2009 I think the Itunes took a year to even open. Give Palm a chance
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    ? Webos has only been out since mid 2009 I think the Itunes took a year to even open. Give Palm a chance
    iphone didn't even have apps until a year after it launched, and at that point they had sold millions of phones, so the catalog got off to a great start.
  5.    #5  
    What I am asking is why and how long does it take to port over iphone or andriod apps? The amount has been fine but remember that apps are already made they don't have to start from scrach. Plus palm knew that the only way to stay in the game is to be the best and ahead of expectations. Some they some not. With apple this was new with palm they already had palmos apps. This is not new for the company that made the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by JMRJosh View Post
    What I am asking is why and how long does it take to port over iphone or andriod apps? The amount has been fine but remember that apps are already made they don't have to start from scrach. Plus palm knew that the only way to stay in the game is to be the best and ahead of expectations. Some they some not. With apple this was new with palm they already had palmos apps. This is not new for the company that made the market.
    PDK is still beta, the front page talks about it. Not every company has it yet, in fact few do.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mononoko View Post
    iphone didn't even have apps until a year after it launched, and at that point they had sold millions of phones, so the catalog got off to a great start.

I think that's what I said...
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Out of those 100,000 apps like 5,000 = fart apps, 10,000 are useless apps that you click and a gun sound goes off.
    I'd say about 2000 are 100% good apps.

We have like 100 already, so I know we're off to a great start.
    Btw this are estimates.
  9.    #9  
    So when the PDK gets released that means more apps or better apps? And Porting apps is it hard?