1.    #1  
    Could someone please help me before i go insane. This all originated after i installed the update to my VK in preware. Ever since then, the VK no longer works. i have done everything, including the dreaded partial erase, and i still get the IPKG error, which says that there was a reversed (or previously) applied patch detected!...EVEN AFTER A PARTIAL ERASE!

Could someone please save me from this crazyness!
    If you are getting the IPK error after updating your patches with the new Preware you should remove VK folder via USB and then reboot and you should be able to reinstall from Preware.
    I saw this advice in another thread and it worked for me.
    1. Attach Pre to your computer in USB mode
    2. Delete virtual keyboard folder on Pre
    3. Install Obsolete Virtual Keyboard Patch
    4. Install Virtual Keyboard patch
    yep thats the way to fix the error
    if not try running the repair utility that worked for me!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I'm getting this error too:

Via WebOs Quick Install - ERROR: An error occurred while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh
    Via Preware Failed ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during post-install script execution
  7.    #7  
    thanks for the responses, but the problem is that there is no VK folder in my USB mode..i already removed it, and i'm still getting the same error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    thanks for the responses fellows, but the problem is that there is no VK folder in my USB mode..i already removed it, and i'm still getting the same error.
    I had the same problem what I did was run the repair utility and the installitation was succesfull
  9.    #9  
    Ok i'll try that. But i hope the repair utility will not mess with (delete) any of m y patches?
    you need to run with override compatybility to restore the vk files and yes is going tto restore the othe patches files too.
    all i did was delete the vk folder in phone then make sure it was uninstalled then reinstall the vk
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    I had the same problem what I did was run the repair utility and the installitation was succesfull
    Please how did you know the specific files to restore to it's original state for the VK to work? or did you just restore everything?
    Please how did you know the specific files to restore to it's original state for the VK to work? or did you just restore everything?
    first I run epr and then run repair utility to restore everything running with override compatibility!
  14.    #14  
    first I run epr and then run repair utility to restore everything running with override compatibility!
    Could you please provide me the link to the latest WebOS repair utility. It seems i have the older one.
    Could you please provide me the link to the latest WebOS repair utility. It seems i have the older one.
    sure
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-software/204495-webos-repair-utility.html
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Can anyone help me out with the commands to delete the VK folder? You do this from webOsQuick install right?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobross View Post
    Can anyone help me out with the commands to delete the VK folder? You do this from webOsQuick install right?
    you don't need command to erase the vk folder, jus connect the pre to ur pc and erase the vk folder, that's all!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    you don't need command to erase the vk folder, jus connect the pre to ur pc and erase the vk folder, that's all!
    Oh sweet! Thanks!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Removing the folder and the Cleanup VKB patch helped me. Good to go now. Thanks!