Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Ok so when you install a game/application, where is the .ipk file installed on your palm pre?
    In the directory /piracy/is/not/tolerated/here
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    He could be modifying something and not distributing it. I need to backup my save games for NFS and Sims, and SSHing in is the only way to do it.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Instead of getting smart with me, why not stop assuming everyone is trying to do something illegal.
    It's not about what your intentions are. Regardless of the reason, the instructions wouild be posted publicly and others could use the information for piracy.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    TIWizard kindly messaged me about it. Thanks for your concern.
    It's not about what your intentions are. Regardless of the reason, the instructions wouild be posted publicly and others could use the information for piracy.
    Who the F%&K made you police of the internet. Get off your high horse, your Majesty...
    Certain information could be used to in nefarious ways, and it's something that concerns the entire webOS community. I'm just trying to express my thoughts. If you have to stoop to insults, so be it.
  9. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Is the actual .ipk file located in the Pre? I am not asking where, just is out of curiosity. I figured it was a compressed installer file and when transferred stored in a "cache" and once decompressed and installation complete was deleted. Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Is the actual .ipk file located in the Pre? I am not asking where, just is out of curiosity. I figured it was a compressed installer file and when transferred stored in a "cache" and once decompressed and installation complete was deleted. Interesting.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $ipk$ $itself$ $is$ $not$ $stored$ $on$ $the$ $phone$... $the$ $phone$ $uses$ $it$ $to$ $install$ $the$ $app$ $and$ $the$ $app$ $is$ $located$ $on$ $the$ $phone$. $The$ $IPK$ $is$ $then$ $discarded$.
  11. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    That's what I figured, thanks for clearing it up for me.