Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I was in a verizon store today to get my wifes omnia switched out and I didn't even see one advertisement for the pre up. I had to search for the dang thing to even play with it at all. I just don't get it, I love this phone.
    yea it's funny. no Palm advertisement on their homepage (and the dumbphones get plenty of spotlight there) and for print and video ads, the Droid is all they care about.

the thing is, if the Droid doesn't rake in profits, all the money they spent prior will be wasted, so they don't want to risk a thing now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    I was in a verizon store today to get my wifes omnia switched out and I didn't even see one advertisement for the pre up. I had to search for the dang thing to even play with it at all. I just don't get it, I love this phone.
    I've noticed that too (especially on the VZW website). I think this is intentional. I think that Verizon's perspective on this is to see the result from people who buy the phone (AKA us) without seeing a little or any advertising. I remember the Storm 2 was a little like this, as was the Tour (for a couple weeks, then Verizon hit it up big on the advertising).

Paul
    Perhaps V is worried that advertising the Pre would be too good for Sprint since they are the carrier most associated in the US with the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by maarek View Post
    Perhaps V is worried that advertising the Pre would be too good for Sprint since they are the carrier most associated in the US with the Pre?
    Possibly, but there is a trend I have noticed in the Verizon advertising lately. All of the commercials have been about the network, specifically the 3G coverage as compared to AT&T. Up until about a month ago, all commercials were mainly pertained to the Droid. Lately though, I have seen none for the Droid or any other phone for that matter.
    Well perhaps it's that they saw their upcoming financials and starting drawing back on spending?
    I went to a Verizon store in Denver on launch day and in speaking to the manager, he said this was a soft launch and they are planning a larger launch at a later date. I am thinking around release 1.4 but just my speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by yyandrew View Post
    if the Droid doesn't rake in profits, all the money they spent prior will be wasted, so they don't want to risk a thing now.
    Verizon just had their earnings report and they didn't report droid numbers but they estimated over a million Droids sold and revenue from smartphones which includes multiple android devices and some blackberries was up. So i'm guessing they are doing ok with droid sales. i mean if they are vocalizing even guesses of over a million when both sprint and Palm wouldn't even talk about numbers i think we can at least make an educated guess that the droid has done good enough as a start. All that said Motorola is reporting thursday morning so they could say we didn't sell ****. But i doubt that will happen.

as a side note. i've had a pre since august and i've only seen one other pre outside a store.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman303 View Post
    I went to a Verizon store in Denver on launch day ...
    how was the foot traffic? was there a line? Was it empty? how did the numbe rof people compare to the sprint store at launch day assuming you went?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Same here at brooklyn ny totally no pics of the big new killer machine the pre plus i got there and the fist thing they ask me was are you coming for the droid lol i was hell no im here for the big papa the pre + soo yeaa i got my new killer machine ill love it.
    THE GAME OF LIFE
    Quote Originally Posted by 473x15 View Post
    Same here at brooklyn ny...
    same question to you. how was demand? was there a line? How many other people where looking to buy the pre? How did it compare to the Sprint Launch if you went to a Sprint launch?
    i love how the title is a question lol