1.    #1  
    hi i need help and tried searching but i wasnt able to find anything. i followed all the instructions on how to install freetether and mobile hotspot but when i open up freetether the ip address area is blank. i tried deleting it and reinstalling but i get the same thing. im new to all this so i dont kno if just deleting the app is deleting everything. can someone help??
    i have the same problem except i have a ip and the dang circle just keeps spinning and saying its turning hotspot on. nothing ever happens past that .
    Same issue here as well...
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    do you guys by any chance have the mytether wifi patch installed? If so that's what might be causing your problems. Simply uninstall the patch and try again. This process worked for me the first time around. Hope that helps or at least gets you on the right path as this has been discussed on other threads.
    Check out noagendashow.com assassinating lamestream media!
    I have mytether installed but not in it's patched state. May just try unistalling it all together.
    John Y - Aka Levelbest

Check out JOHNfm streaming on your Pre @ http://johnfm.com/pre
    Levelbest's Pre Wallpapers
    i was told to get freetether from preware....is that true? Im at work so im not able to try it out.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    I have mytether installed but not in it's patched state. May just try unistalling it all together.
    You might need to apply patch. Run MyTether patch fix in xorg tools (link below) and then uninstall MyTether patch. Reboot. Should be back to normal. The xorg tools MyTether fix also fixes MyTether issues with 3D games.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    hey thanks for the info
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I'm having trouble finding freetether -- I know this is newbie, but can someone point me to the right site?

thanks!
    My mobile hot spot works... but my freetether shows (null) in the IP address under the WAN information. I once had My Tether (paid version 2.04) on my Pre... but I removed it and have also since done a partial erase and WEBOS Doctored the phone. I never did use the wifi patch associated with My Tether.

I have WEBOSQI ver 2.96. I removed and reinstalled freetether and freetetherd.

Still no luck on and IP address / connection using freetether. Is it any chance the problem is on my computer's end vs the pre?
    . multi post to get to 10
    echo
    repeat (sorry)
    and again
    Quote Originally Posted by levelbest View Post
    I had installed MHS on another Pre and they told me it wasn't patched and I kept hitting my head as as to why it wouldn't install. I opened the camera and it wouldnt work I then realized that the patch was installed. I had a hard time trying to reinstall my tether to get the patch removed for time sake I just doctored down to 1.2.1 and updated reinstalled MHS only and it is working fine.
    Try to disable Windows firewall. Once I did that it worked like a charm.