1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I just bought a Pre a few days ago and have been getting into the mix of things with the apps, themes, etc. Overall I've been getting the hang of things, but I've been having trouble getting the messaging patch to work. I've created a 32x32 my-avatar .png file and sent it to the directory listed in the patch via QI. However every time I try to install either via QI or Preware it doesn't work with the following errors coming up:

Postint:
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications.com.palm.app.messaging/stylesheets/messaging.css.rej
    /chatview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

I'm sure I'm missing something relatively simple, so if anybody could point a noob in the right direction, it'd be much appreciated.
    Hm, try deleting the icon, and the folder too if you created it, then reinstalling. Do you have any other messaging patches installed? It might be conflicting with one of those if that's the case.
  3.    #3  
    Ok I used QI to send the file to the directory on the Pre listed in the patch instructions, do I use the Delete File/Directory function under tools to remove the 'my-avatar.png' file? The only messaging patch I have is the Enable Landscape Messaging function. Sounds like I also need to remove that and reinstall it after I get this avatar function working? Thanks for the help.
  4.    #4  
    I tried removing the file using QI's delete file function and I removed Enable Landscape Messaging before I attempted to renistall the enable messaging avatar patch and I get the same error. In the script above, I forgot to add that the error occurs when attempting to run tmp/ipkg/sh if that helps. This isn't the end of the world or anything, but I've been doing really well on the other preware stuff and pre setup outside of this one and its really bugging me. I probably should let it go, but not without a good fight.