Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    What's up with the contact photos? It used to be that you could use 320x320 photos and they would show up high res in the phone app. With one of the 1.3x updates Palm changed the way these photos are handled. Now, in both the photo app and the address book app, if you attach a photo to a contact, webOS tries to crop it for you. Previously, if you used the Photo app and assigned a pic to a contact, webOS used the entire 320x320 photo.

Now, once I crop the photo and the person's face is in the center, when they call me their face is too low on the screen. The phone app cuts off half their face. This happens on all contacts that I've added photos to after about 1.3.1 or so.

Anyone know what's up with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by htmanning View Post
    What's up with the contact photos? It used to be that you could use 320x320 photos and they would show up high res in the phone app. With one of the 1.3x updates Palm changed the way these photos are handled. Now, in both the photo app and the address book app, if you attach a photo to a contact, webOS tries to crop it for you. Previously, if you used the Photo app and assigned a pic to a contact, webOS used the entire 320x320 photo.

Now, once I crop the photo and the person's face is in the center, when they call me their face is too low on the screen. The phone app cuts off half their face. This happens on all contacts that I've added photos to after about 1.3.1 or so.

Anyone know what's up with this?
    it's always been that way
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    No it hasn't. Previously, if you started in the Photo app and told the Pre to assign the photo to a contact, it used the entire 320x320 space. There was not cropping tool like there is now.
    i have this- how can i put contact photos on if it only shows half their face? I get a box, it tells me to centre the face, which i do, then when they phone i only see half their face?