1.    #1  
    Interesting article...I thought I'd share...

Engadget’s “perfect phone” is actually a Palm Pre | webOSroundup
    Sorry but few people would dare call the Pre's Contacts and Calendar apps anything close to "perfect".
    i would ... it does everything I want it to and need it to.
  4.    #4  
    I haven't seen another mobile phone combine my calendars as well as the Pre.
    Except battery power. Small point

It doesn't take the geniuses over at Palm to decide the let you have a pocket sized computer.

How will it work in practice as a mobile device is the problem. Just saying the hell with it isn't really going to cut it.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    combining calendars is one thing. The functionality and flexibility of scheduling appts and general running of the calendar is another story entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyg417 View Post
    I haven't seen another mobile phone combine my calendars as well as the Pre.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    When you read the story You wonder if it were ever proof read. It is stated that you can get the Pre at sprint with good prices then goes on to say later you can get the Pre plus. News flash - Sprint does not have the plus yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    When you read the story You wonder if it were ever proof read. It is stated that you can get the Pre at sprint with good prices then goes on to say later you can get the Pre plus. News flash - Sprint does not have the plus yet.
    I am glad that the article is sparking such a debate.

As to the quote above, the article doesn't state that you can get a Pre Plus on Sprint, just the the Plus has tethering (which was one of the things that the Engadget article specified).

As to the calendar, no one has said that the webOS implementation of the calendar is perfect (my wife would definitely disagree with that statement), but it does bring together multiple calendars pretty effortlessly, which is pretty darn shnazzy.

David
    www.webosroundup.com
    Find the best webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Don't know if I'd consider it perfect but it's almost there
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    This is funny. I read that article about a week ago, and I kept saying to myself...."my Pre does that". It does 99% of what he asks. Its funny how noone knows just how good it is.
    yeah, just a hardware redesign with better quality materials, a major upgrade to the core functionality so it works like a real smartphone and you might be on to something.
    Quote Originally Posted by costas View Post
    Don't know if I'd consider it perfect but it's almost there
    I wish verizon shows pre some of that droid love because it really is a great phone and the best phone that i had, but i do miss some of the thing my treo phones used to do hope most of the classic palm one os smaller things makes it to webos soon.