Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    BIG NEWS!!!

MPEG LA - The Standard for Standards - Media

" Corrected Version of February 2, 2010 News Release Titled “MPEG LA’s AVC License Will Continue Not to Charge Royalties for Internet Video that is Free to End Users”

(DENVER, CO, US – 2 February 2010) – MPEG LA announced today that its AVC Patent Portfolio License will continue not to charge royalties for Internet Video that is free to end users (known as Internet Broadcast AVC Video) during the next License term from January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2015. Products and services other than Internet Broadcast AVC Video continue to be royalty-bearing, and royalties to apply during the next term will be announced before the end of 2010. ."
    yeah, get you addicted then charge you to bankruptcy. typical drug pusher operation.

GIF did exactly the same thing.

There is latest version of ogg/theora that does better quality video at same bitrate than H.264, why should we be bogged down by a patent encumbered codec and push web backward?
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    yeah, get you addicted then charge you to bankruptcy. typical drug pusher operation.

GIF did exactly the same thing.

There is latest version of ogg/theora that does better quality video at same bitrate than H.264, why should we be bogged down by a patent encumbered codec and push web backward?
    its exciting if you're not interested in re-re-encoding the entire internet...

hard to grasp the 'rea' statistics of how many people are using 264 ... but if you could somehow gather the numbers, it'd be mind-blowing.

so... i think it boils down to, do you want to take whats already out there and been used for years, or do you want to redo all thats been done.

I see your point and I certainly do appreciate ogg/theora, but i doubt the entire internet is as aware of it, nor using it as much they are h.264 (DVB, iTunes, Blu-Ray... just to name a few major uses already deployed for example... thats just going to be hard to tackle)
    OK. I have been looking around for HTML 5 video support after the 1.4 update, and it does not appear to work, as has been stated here.

I did, however, find this site:
    “Video For Everybody” Test Page
    Which kind of works on my Sprint Pre after the 1.4 update. The page says is tries to use HTML 5 video, falls back to Quicktime, then falls back to Flash. As I understand it, none of these are supposed to work on the Pre, so why do I have audio and video?
    on desktop, youtube videos load faster in the html5beta....youtube loads really slow in webos for me...so I want it in html5
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiddlekins View Post
    Why not just use the YouTube application that is already on our phones?
    cause unless you have a sprint airwave cell booster at ur house it will take forever to buffer even a 30sec video...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    youtube application was just awefull.

I just thought to do this though: I went to youtube.com/html5 and joined the beta right on my phone. Youtube videos in app seem to be amazing now....they seem to be loading so much better without that stupid error.

can anyone confirm? I might be able to watch youtube videos without worry now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12