1.    #1  
    So the other day with PreCentral's post about 1.3.8 devices on AT&T caught testing, I decided to dig a little deeper. I found this:

723 0.169s (1024k) myvzw.com Mozilla/5.0 (webOS/Albacore; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/1.0 Safari/532.2 Pre/1.1
    What the heck is Albacore? 1.4?
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 01/21/2010 at 02:19 PM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Albacore is a type of fish, that is often canned and eaten simlar to tuna. Other than that,I have no idea. =D
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    It's a fish: Albacore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    It's also a torpedo bomber from WWII: Fairey Albacore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's probably a code name for some version of webOS. Maybe a beta of 1.4. The best correlation I can make between an OS version and the fish is that both are a prized thing. 1.4 being the pinnacle of what people want WebOS to be and the fish being a prized catch for consumption.

Nice find digging for the version info!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    So the other day with PreCentral's post about 1.3.8 devices on AT&T caught testing, I decided to dig a little deeper. I found this:

What the heck is Albacore? 1.4?

Fish are friends.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    There's definitely something fishy going on here..........
    That spot is where the webOS version number typically goes. My guess is that it's an internal code name for a test version of webOS.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    albacore is gsm 1.4 just realized from mwc
    in the flash video on the main page this morning, when device info was shown it said web os albacore too.....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i think its what web os 1.4 will be called, as stated above it was shown on device info during the flash video. I believe that 1.4 update will be very big, and if the GPU is already being used for the games, i bet they 're trying to implement it into the hardware, and pixelization of the pre's and pixi's to finally make them faster and less laggy.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    The wink TIWizard gave and the video of a Pre running 1.4 which was labeled as "Albacore" would suggest that's the internal name for webOS 1.4...
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!