1.    #1  
    This is just a random post but with Verizon getting the Palm Pre/Pixi in "plus" form and lowering their prices, Sprint's got a big uphill battle here. If I were in charge of Sprint here's what I'd do:

1. Continue rollout of 4G network (they're already in 27 cities and adding about 10 more (NY city, Boston...) this year.

2. Work VERY hard with Palm to create a 4G version of the Palm Pre/Pixi.

The plus of this is twofold:

1. They wouldn't have to do ANY exclusivity deal since no other network has 4G yet anyway (and certainly no CDMA network)

2. They'd be the only network with a 4G smartphone
    Verizon is absolutely nowhere near competitive in price with Sprint for my plan. It's a no brainer for my family.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggyfred View Post
    Verizon is absolutely nowhere near competitive in price with Sprint for my plan. It's a no brainer for my family.
    I agree but for some reason that doesn't matter to 90% of people, which is why Sprint is losing customers and gaining very few new customers. So the way to beat (yes even the iphone - although only in those 4G cities) is to come out with a great smart phone that's 4G.

Rumor is that Sprint is working with Microsoft on a windows 4G phone. Bad idea. I don't know ANYONE who's happy with a windows cell phone. Just a horrible, buggy, non-intuitive OS for mobile phones. But imagine a Palm Pre Plus with a 4G connection! Who wouldn't get that?
    Sprint is STILL less expensive than Verizon, even with Verizon dropping prices, and the differences between the Pre and Pre Plus are too minor to matter to 99% of customers.

Sprint still wins for the most part.

They could win completely by offering a tethering plan for the Palm Pre. The hardware is ready to go and just needs a single bit flipped on your account for it to work, but they refuse to allow it. Yes, you can hack it but most people won't, and even I'm afraid to use it for more than light web browsing when tethered.

Make tethering legitimte, Sprint. Please!
    This summer Sprint needs to come out with a kicka## 4g smartphone (oh please be a Palm OS phone) with an inexpensive tether option.
    HTC is rumored to be pushing out a 4G phone code named "Supersonic" on Sprint by the end of the year. It's supposed to be running Android with HTC's Sense UI on top of it.

I'd post a link, but for some reason, I can't open endaget here at work since their site redesign.

I get this feeling that we've seen the last Sprint exclusive from Palm. It just makes more sense for them not to push the big exclusives to Sprint, when they lack the customer base to generate huge sales. I don't mean that as a slap in the face to Sprint, as I use them and am very happy with their service.

I just think Ruby decided, "Hey, we're making huge changes here at Palm. Let's try WebOS on Sprint to see how it's recieved, then we can make the jump to Big Red & AT&T." I don't think we will see any loyalty between Palm and Sprint. My thinking is from here on out, it's about the money for Palm.
    Because the Hero is basically 2 year old hardware with a facelift, it turned alot of people off. If HTC came out with this new hardware with the Snapdragon processor and upgraded software and was 4g compatible and Palm did not have anything comparable, I think it would get alot of people jumping ahip from Palm to HTC when their year is up.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Because the Hero is basically 2 year old hardware with a facelift, it turned alot of people off. If HTC came out with this new hardware with the Snapdragon processor and upgraded software and was 4g compatible and Palm did not have anything comparable, I think it would get alot of people jumping ahip from Palm to HTC when their year is up.
    I think it's supposed have specs on par with the Nexus One.

HTC 'Supersonic' to ring in WiMAX on Sprint, Android-style -- Engadget
    sprint outbeats verizon on pricing look at verizon's plan for Unlimited everything? o wait they don't have 1 set plan for that. they want to charge you seprately for EVERYTHING and if you add up everthing that comes with "the simply everything plan" from sprint into verizons pricing it'll be way over sprints 99.99
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Rumor is that Sprint is working with Microsoft on a windows 4G phone. Bad idea. I don't know ANYONE who's happy with a windows cell phone. Just a horrible, buggy, non-intuitive OS for mobile phones. But imagine a Palm Pre Plus with a 4G connection! Who wouldn't get that?
    You obviously have never visited ppcgeeks or xdadevelopers