1.    #1  
    help! sprint did a partial reset on my pre with patches and theme on it, now i can't delete them. i had the launcher hide patch installed and so the icons were restored to the launcher, but the launcher is not visible. etc. how do i unintstall patches and theme that do not show up as installed on preware or quickinstall?
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iroyo View Post
    help! sprint did a partial reset on my pre with patches and theme on it, now i can't delete them. i had the launcher hide patch installed and so the icons were restored to the launcher, but the launcher is not visible. etc. how do i unintstall patches and theme that do not show up as installed on preware or quickinstall?
    WebOS Repair Utility or WebOS Doctor should work.
  3.    #3  
    I would really like to avoid using Web Dr, but I can't find a Repair utility link that works..
  4. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I would really like to avoid using Web Dr, but I can't find a Repair utility link that works..
    WebOS Repair Utility can be downloaded at http://filebin.ca/eovqe/WebOSRepairUtility.jar. One thing though, come to think of it, you might need to get rid of that theme first....You should be able to do that via Themer in WebOS QuickInstall.
  5.    #5  
    it says i have the original theme on it.. which i do not.
  6.    #6  
    ok got the theme off by reinstalling then using themer. so this link for repair utility is compatible with 1.3.5.1 right?
  7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    it says i have the original theme on it.. which i do not.
    Great news about the Theme! Yes, the version of WebOS Repair Utility is for 1.3.5.1. I don't believe there's one for 1.3.5.2 yet, but I'm not sure that should make a big difference as they are so similar to each other, and you can upgrade to 1.3.5.2 after getting up and running again....Worst case scenario, if it doesn't work, WebOS Doctor seems like it'll be your only alternative anyway, and that should definitely work.
  8.    #8  
    sorry, im not very technical.. just good at following directions. but i saw that i am supposed to click override compatability.. is this in the utility after i download?
  9. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    sorry, im not very technical.. just good at following directions. but i saw that i am supposed to click override compatability.. is this in the utility after i download?
    Yes - it should be. I have not had the unfortunate need to have used it myself yet, but that is how I read the instructions as well.
  10.    #10  
    ugh.. i feel like such a dunse (sp?) i downloaded it checked override. Now i am getting an error stating the webdoctor i have does not correspond.. i went to the website to download the correct one, but it still gives this error message even after restarting the program.
  11. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    ugh.. i feel like such a dunse (sp?) i downloaded it checked override. Now i am getting an error stating the webdoctor i have does not correspond.. i went to the website to download the correct one, but it still gives this error message even after restarting the program.
    a) Make sure you have WebOS Doctor for 1.3.5.1, and
    b) Make sure you have it in the same directory on your computer as the WebOS Repair Utility.
  12.    #12  
    i should probably start a new thread for this since i am on to a new topic huh? i do on both.. they are in the same file, and i reinstalled just in cast
  13. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    i should probably start a new thread for this since i am on to a new topic huh?
    Not yet - first make sure you have the Version for 1.3.5.1, and then make sure you have them in the same directory. If yes to both those, and it's still not working, then sure.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    EPR (emergency patch remover) is built into WebOS Quickinstall, it's the button that says EPR when you go into the tweaks menu.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  15.    #15  
    epr definately does not work. my phone does not show that there are any patches installed in order for them to be removed. and the repair utility continues to to have error message stating the webos dr installed is not compatible despite my confirming i have the correct one installed.
  16. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    epr definately does not work. my phone does not show that there are any patches installed in order for them to be removed. and the repair utility continues to to have error message stating the webos dr installed is not compatible despite my confirming i have the correct one installed.
    If you've confirmed that you have WebOS Doctor for Version for 1.3.5.1, and that you have the WebOS Doctor and WebOS Repair Utility in the same folder, I fear you're only solution left is the Doctor, but I'm not clear why you would be getting such a message if you truly do have the correct version and they're both located in the same folder?...Sorry - I'm out of ideas....