1.    #1  
    Hi, I just got a new Palm Pre after some account problems. My question is, am I still able to recover data off the old Pre after I've activated my new one? I believe I selected the option NOT to perform the reformat... But now my old Pre, with all my old pictures, is prompting me to set up a new Palm profile, etc... I just want to use the thumb drive feature. Am I SOL?
  2.    #2  
    Just to clarify, when the fact that I had logged into my Palm profile on a new phone had caught up with my old phone, I believe I got the option to "Perform Reset" or just "Restart Phone," and I chose to just restart.

Also, bump.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Try Orange-Sym-U when plugged into the USB port and see if the phone goes into USB drive mode.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    Try Orange-Sym-U when plugged into the USB port and see if the phone goes into USB drive mode.
    Thank you, but this doesn't work on this screen, apparently. Still stuck at the "Palm Profile" setup screen Is this possible?
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Yeah, I fiddled with a Pre today at work and found the same issue. Once the phone gets stuck at that activation screen you really can't do much with it. You can reactivate the old unit temporarily just to get past the profile login screen, pull your pictures, then swap back to your new unit.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.