Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hopefully someone smarter than me can say whether it would be possible to implement TOR or a similar system on the WebOS device. I guess there's really not any NEED to hide all of your browsing, and I don't know enough about TOR to say whether it would obscure your connection from the provider at all. That said, it would be a neat project, and I'm sure it could be useful to someone.
    As far as I know, the Pre's browser does not currently support proxies. As such, even if you got Tor running, there would be no way to utilize it via webOS apps. Hopefully proxy support is added at some point.
    well i know theres a portable tor for windows maybe someday
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    As far as I know, the Pre's browser does not currently support proxies. As such, even if you got Tor running, there would be no way to utilize it via webOS apps. Hopefully proxy support is added at some point.
    There's no need for the browser to support proxies. Even if it did, the browser level isn't ideal for something like this, if you hope to use apps like the irc client on the tor network.

If you know your way around linux, I'm certain you can accomplish this. Maybe this helps redsocks - transparent socks redirector
    its in the app catalog. Works great.
    what is the name of the app? I am having problems finding it.
    Rocking out Franken Pre2 2.2.4 and TP 3.0.5

Published TP Apps:
    Anagramarama HD
    Published Phone Apps
    Anagramarama
    DDII Free
    Quote Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
    what is the name of the app? I am having problems finding it.
    Tor for webOS. The app says Tor Browser when installed. It's not a browser though. It will start up the stock browser after it starts the service. I have hacked it a bit to start Advanced browser instead.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gaitch32; 02/19/2012 at 11:32 AM. Reason: correct app name and attach pics
    hmmm strange, I type in the exact same thing as you but I dont see Tor for webOS. what is your TP and app catalog version?

Published TP Apps:
    Anagramarama HD
    Published Phone Apps
    Anagramarama
    DDII Free
    hmmm strange, I type in the exact same thing as you but I dont see Tor for webOS. what is your TP and app catalog version?
    I have a 32GB WiFi that I got from Best Buy during the first fire sale. Catalog version is is 5.0.3. Registered in US.
    do you happen to know the package Id? (ex. com.cribme.aghd) It is also the directory name of where the app is installed. should be in the follow directory. /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/

Published TP Apps:
    Anagramarama HD
    Published Phone Apps
    Anagramarama
    DDII Free
    do you happen to know the package Id? (ex. com.cribme.aghd) It is also the directory name of where the app is installed. should be in the follow directory. /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/
    In cryptofs it is com.palm.tor.

EDIT: Found the service. It is in com.palm.tor.service
    I tried seeing if it was a valid app that is being distributed through the app catalog using the following url:

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...d=com.palm.tor

It doesnt seem to work, maybe they took it down.
    Maybe someone else will have some better luck finding it.

Thanks for the info

Published TP Apps:
    Anagramarama HD
    Published Phone Apps
    Anagramarama
    DDII Free
    I tried seeing if it was a valid app that is being distributed through the app catalog using the following url:

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...d=com.palm.tor

It doesnt seem to work, maybe they took it down.
    Maybe someone else will have some better luck finding it.

Thanks for the info
    I don't know why. It just shows up in mine.
    If you cant find an app: Preware with App Tuckerbox!!!
    It appears this app is completely gone from the app store, etc,

I really want this app, with the possibility of the Harper government passing a bill that allows them to monitor every Canadians online activity wihtout a warrent, if it passes im going 100% TOR on all devices.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 02/21/2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: requesting app
    Can I do that? I mean legally. Not sure what applies here. I do have it in my catalog so I am guessing it is OK but I would like to hear that it won't be a problem.
    Is it considered OK to do that if it seems like it was pulled? Not sure what applies in this situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaitch32 View Post
    Is it considered OK to do that if it seems like it was pulled? Not sure what applies in this situation.
    If it was a free app I think so. Tor is an open source framework so I dont see how they could have any rights over the app when the content is entirely open source.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 02/21/2012 at 05:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    If it was a free app I think so. Tor is an open source framework so I dont see how they could have any rights over the app when the content is entirely open source.

Or you could PM me it :P
    PM sent
    don't forget to hook a brother up! PM me or something so I can use this as well.

Thanks

Published TP Apps:
    Anagramarama HD
    Published Phone Apps
    Anagramarama
    DDII Free
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast