Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Tor Project: FAQ

Read about use of the Tor onion logo (as shown in all of gaitch32's screenshots) in this supposed "copywritten"/"closed sourced material" HP/Palm property app.
    It also says there are "few open source, non-commercial projects are Tor trademark licensees" (Only 5 of them... of which, HP/Palm is not listed... nor could they be).
    Tor Trademark Frequently Asked Questions
    Last edited by WknThDg; 02/21/2012 at 11:23 PM.
    Guys... If there is some confusion on the part of a member here or of staff... PM a staff member. Insults are simply not needed. A simple PM to discuss and/or clarify could work wonders.

OK then... Our main concern is to follow the rules, AND to protect developers. According to the TOR FAQs, the only way to create an app that is commercial and private is with approval from the TOR Project people. Our concern with sharing files was for the dev who spent time creating his app. Since TOR doesn't allow commercial ownership without consent, our worries are gone about protecting a dev's work. As long as code that is still owned by HP isn't shared, we're good.

I've restored the posts, thanks for understanding. Please PM a staff member if questions like this arise. We are all human and this stuff gets goofy sometimes. (Heck it could still be all mucked up) Thank you!
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/21/2012 at 11:32 PM.
    bevcraw likes this.
    Well done!!!
    thank you. appreciate it.

sorry if I got angry, we are dealing with a lot of stupid legislation on the internet and this was the last place I wanted to see turned into a police state :P
    No problem.. but please remember this site does have rules. Just because a member may disagree with them doesn't allow for insulting posts. We ask all members to PM staff with concerns/questions before making angry posts, and understand that site rules apply to all.

Thanks
    after all this, I still can't get Tor for webOS. *sigh*

guess I could try to create my own version based off of the android or linux version
    Rocking out Franken Pre2 2.2.4 and TP 3.0.5

Published TP Apps:
    Anagramarama HD
    Published Phone Apps
    Anagramarama
    DDII Free
    could you pm it too? Thanks
    Last time I checked, that "Tor" app only appears if you have access to HP's private App Catalog, not the public one. I'm not sure if it works at all, haven't tried it.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Last time I checked, that "Tor" app only appears if you have access to HP's private App Catalog, not the public one. I'm not sure if it works at all, haven't tried it.
    First time I've heard of a "private" HP App Catalog (can you explain further?).
    Is it only for developers? Who (and/or how) does one get access to it?
    I'm still looking for "Tor for webOS" and was hoping it would resurface.
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by WknThDg View Post
    First time I've heard of a "private" HP App Catalog (can you explain further?).
    Is it only for developers? Who (and/or how) does one get access to it?
    I'm still looking for "Tor for webOS" and was hoping it would resurface.
    I ask the same.
    In the meantime give startpage a try and use its proxy feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
    I ask the same.
    me also.

you can always set up a tor installation on a PC and connect to it with your webOS device.
    I just found this thread, it seems to be the only mention of TOR for WebOS that I can find anywhere on the net. Anyone have a backup of the ipk file for this app? Would greatly appreciate it someone could provide me with it.
    you got a pm
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    you got a pm
    Can I please get a pm to?
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    sure
    Can I get a PM too ?
  18. vgg
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    you got a pm
    Can I get a pm too
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12