1.    #1  
    Well just got a new pre and pixi today and already contemplating returning them tomorrow. It's bad enough that i can't even use my device because it will not let me create a palm account (keeps saying profile exists for my email when ive never made one, even on a new email account i made just to test this). But then i chat with tech support and he simply tells me to retry every hour for 12 hours and then try back with them. Said its a common problem right now. Are you serious?? (and yes i have (new) service on the device, 3 bars and EV in the taskbar)

It's not like it's release day and server congestion should be expected, its a wednesday, almost 7 months after the device has already been on the market and it's still got problems like this?? Terrible. I don't have time to sit here and retry every hour for 12 hours i have to go to work in the morning...and I'm going to need a phone.

Anyways palm has already left a bad taste in my mouth and i honestly cant see myself giving them much more of a chance. How do they expect to come up as an underdog with new customers having issues with the device the second they turn it on??

ps. also have a new Hero today and just turned it on no problems. No create a profile bs, the phone is not even activated yet i just skipped the preliminary stuff and set it up on a wifi connection. Palm is already losing

Just had to vent. If anybody here knows a solution let me know, i always have more faith in the community than the actual company anyway. Thanks for reading
    once you get it to work. You'll be glad you kept it. It's worth the trouble. Especially with all the stuff that is coming out for it. Palm is the only company working hard to make the device better. So far we've caught a huge look at what they were working on in the background. If all else fails make them either give you another one or make them set it all up.
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenlkl@yahoo.com View Post
    once you get it to work. You'll be glad you kept it. It's worth the trouble. Especially with all the stuff that is coming out for it. Palm is the only company working hard to make the device better. So far we've caught a huge look at what they were working on in the background. If all else fails make them either give you another one or make them set it all up.
    +1
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
  4.    #4  
    trying to doctor it to the latest update to make sure that isnt the problem. Still having issues, the doctor isnt doing anything, might be because i have 64 bit windows 7, *sigh* more problems. hopefully not. I'm starting to regret more and more

im kind of shocked palm uses a JAVA app to recover their phones. Really?
  5.    #5  
    Just successfully made an account. lets see if this phone can redeem itself

mods can delete this thread if they like
    how did it go. Do you have the 1.3.5.1 update. Install any apps. Any Need for speed? Let us know.