Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ilm getting a 404 error when I check for updates! Anyone else getting this?
    Yes, having the same problem here.
    Mine just started doing it today

Any ideas?
  4.    #4  
    Weird, huh?
    Great! I saw this on mine and I just doctored my Pre because I thought I messed something up.
    i got it too 404 page not found lol
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Add my wife's Pre to the list its been doing it for last 2 days. When I press update, I get "404 Page Not Found you have selected an outdated link..."

I have have tried resetting it several times, and checking for updates several times a day but still get the same message.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    Add my wife's Pre to the list its been doing it for last 2 days. When I press update, I get "404 Page Not Found you have selected an outdated link..."

I have have tried resetting it several times, and checking for updates several times a day but still get the same message.
    I tried the same thing and didn't get anything different. I wondering if more than just us are having this problem
    Quote Originally Posted by mmprotection View Post
    Great! I saw this on mine and I just doctored my Pre because I thought I messed something up.
    Did this let you update like normal? And if it did; when you get the latest version did you get the error again?
    Its still on mine. I have doctored my Pre but it did not get fixed. I think this is a problem with Palm. It used to show information about the 1.3.5.1 update, maybe they are already moving on to the 1.4.0 update?
  11.    #11  
    It's clearly Palm. They're somehow missing that page (with the update check result) on their server.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    My wife's pre been doing for the last 4 days and again, my pre is fine. Maybe my wife's pre(and certain others on this thread) downloads updates from a different server than mine?
    Same here. I also checked the backup app and see it hasn't run since 1/1/10, but I manually triggered it and it ran fine. Probably unrelated and had more to do with the Exchange bug than anything else.
    Nope, my backup still isn't running automatically. It hasn't run since I did it manually. Is anyone else who gets the 404 error having this problem? I'm wondering if they're related and some internal pointer to Palm's servers went screwy.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    ditto here.
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post
    Nope, my backup still isn't running automatically. It hasn't run since I did it manually. Is anyone else who gets the 404 error having this problem? I'm wondering if they're related and some internal pointer to Palm's servers went screwy.
    Mine seems to be working again. Give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by summerclown View Post
    Mine seems to be working again. Give it a try.
    Nope, still 404.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I also still get the 404 error but the automatic backups run just fine.
    Last edited by STBXXL; 01/21/2010 at 10:59 AM.
    I'm not getting updates from the App Catalog either. According to PreCentral Glyder 2 was updated (and not for the first time) but I'm still at 1.0.0. If I go to it in the App Catalog it just says Tap to Launch.

I'm tempted to doctor but mmprotection said that didn't work for him.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Tested again this morning and I still get the 404 error. The automatic backup worked though. Really weird.

Can somebody please confirm whether the Updates program is working properly for them?

Thanks.
    Last edited by STBXXL; 01/22/2010 at 12:41 PM. Reason: typo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast