Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    I haven't done much on my Pre in the way of patches or Homebrew lately. But now, I've recently tried to install Quake and Doom, and I get the "(game): Starting..." error, and no game boots. This seems to be a popular ailment. I don't have MyTether installed. Furthermore, when I attempted to update my applications, all updates fail. If I reboot my phone, I seem to be stuck in an endless "Your Pre needs to reboot" cycle. What's going on? Could I have messed something up when I originally was messing around with patches, etc? There's a chance I could have left some installed during a firmware update. I never installed anything strange though, just patches that I don't think would have much of an internal effect--the SMS character counter, the take-picture-with-volume-key patch, the straight-to-call-log patch, and some others. Now that I think about it, I've also had trouble uninstalling patches in the past too. What can I do?
  2. #2  
    Sounds like you need to uninstall preware reboot and let webos move your applications to the usb drive then reinstall preware. I think this is what I did to get things back to normal.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Sounds like you need to uninstall preware reboot and let webos move your applications to the usb drive then reinstall preware. I think this is what I did to get things back to normal.
    Could you elaborate on this a bit, please? Is there maybe a guide telling how to do this? And what exactly would this fix?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohkuipo View Post
    Could you elaborate on this a bit, please? Is there maybe a guide telling how to do this? And what exactly would this fix?
    When palm released 1.3.5 they moved all application installs to /media/internal

    when the phone reboots it takes all the applications you have installed and moves them to the new encrypted directory. (that's why it wants you to reboot.)
    But if I remember correctly there is something in preware that stops this from happening. So try uninstalling it via webos quick install and reboot a couple times.

    check here for more info

    Can not install nor update apps after WebOS 1.3.5 - webOS Software - Palm Support Community
  5.    #5  
    Awesome, thank you I've just uninstalled Preware (manually, by holding down the Orange button and deleting it), and now rebooting. Let's see if it fixes stuff

    edit: Well, I've uninstalled everything that failed to update properly, so now I don't have anything to test whether it's worked or not :d

    edit2: Is it the case that Preware can't be installed currently under 1.3.5.1?
    Last edited by ohkuipo; 01/13/2010 at 07:59 PM.
  6. #6  
    not the case.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohkuipo View Post
    Awesome, thank you I've just uninstalled Preware (manually, by holding down the Orange button and deleting it), and now rebooting. Let's see if it fixes stuff

    edit: Well, I've uninstalled everything that failed to update properly, so now I don't have anything to test whether it's worked or not :d

    edit2: Is it the case that Preware can't be installed currently under 1.3.5.1?
    well when you uninstalled manually I dont believe this uninstalls the package manager service. You probably need to use webos Quick install or ipkg via the command line.

Posting Permissions