View Poll Results: What is My Best Suggestion?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • A text the notification icon expanded with a text field

13 34.21%
  • ESPN App with a ticker

7 18.42%
  • GMail App (Android Like)

13 34.21%
  • Facebook Chat in IM

15 39.47%
  • Visual Voicemail

16 42.11%
  • Better Official Music App

12 31.58%
  • None Of the above I hate all of these Choices. (My Suggestions are better in the Comments)

4 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1.    #1  
    Please Post Comments on my Ideas and tell me your thoughts I would love to know if the Internet thinks I'm crazy.

1. Instead of having to go into the messaging app when you receive a text, the notification icon expands with a text field so you can quickly type back a response without even leaving the card you are on or going into the messaging application.

2. Better Mail app. I like the mail app but maybe different skins would be nice. As for gmail hands down the best is on the Android is it possible to make that for WebOS or would Google keep that an Android only Feature?

3. Better sport's app. ESPN should step up and build a customized sports ticker at the bottom of the screen like the network has without going into an app to find it. Also an ESPN App I would would pay for that with more video.

4. Better Facebook, now there are at least 3 ways to check your facebook account. But what about facebook chat? It should be put in the messaging app,along with an official twitter application.

5. The music app is ok but the homebrew app, Music remix is amazing why not infuse some of that into the official app.

6. What about making Visual Voice mail? It is a great feature on the instinct and iphone. What is Stopping Palm?

7. The contact app is great but I want to be able to delete a facebook contact without deleting them from my facebook.
    Your idea's for text and the ESPN ticker are pretty good. I'm sure people would love a multi purpose ticker that is customizable though more, where you could pick sports scores, new, entertainment news, stocks, etc.

Visual Voicemail should be a standard feature on all phones at this point IMO.

But what I'd really like to see a fully featured IM app soon. There are supposedly several in development but have yet to hear any progress or see any results out there. I have tried and tried to get Yahoo IM to work (plugin, DR, full erase) and still can't get it to work. So, I've decided that the best thing to wish for is an app, and I'm very surprised we haven't seen one yet.
    The only thing I want is a good GMail app with message search.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  4.    #4  
    Is there any other suggestions? For the people that said none of above what do you like what do you not and what would you like to see?
    Quote Originally Posted by JMRJosh View Post
    1. Instead of having to go into the messaging app when you receive a text, the notification icon expands with a text field so you can quickly type back a response without even leaving the card you are on or going into the messaging application.
    Great idea!! I hope PALM IS LISTENING!!!!
    I voted for the ESPN ticker, because that would just be awesome. The texting idea would also be fantastic, same goes for threaded Gmail app and visual voicemail.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I prefer something like gmail offline. Using cookies or whatever way to make it work (an install like google gears), web apps store the information they need and regardless of internet connection, be able to recall what you need when you need it.

Games would use flash, webgl and/or opengl.

if only phone software specs would agree to some standards...
    imo
    I think we will see a FaceBook chat integration at some point. Palm has been great about linking with FB in so many other ways, I would assume that this may be in the works too.

I do like the text notification idea, but I would be surprised to see it happen. :-\
  9.    #9  
    Are any of my ideas possible to make into apps or some sort of plug-in?