1.    #1  
    I have an e-mail with a WMV attachment. Is there any way to save this to my Pre so I can use USB drive mode to watch it on my computer?

Right now all I get is "cannot find application to open this file" -- no option to simply save the file.

jim
    How hard do you want to get it? It seems all attachments are saved to directories under /var/luna/data/attachments/. Not sure if you can see these directories in USB mode, but you can in Internalz. Sorry it's not much help to find your specific attachment.

Found here: http<colon>//forums.palm.com/palm/board/message?board.id=webossoftware&thread.id=5915&view=by_date_ascending&page=1
    I too am getting this message. I am simply trying to save wallpaper jpgs to my phone and it will not open the file.. No one seems to have an answer to this very simple problem..
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Pockets View Post
    I too am getting this message. I am simply trying to save wallpaper jpgs to my phone and it will not open the file.. No one seems to have an answer to this very simple problem..
    Try sending a file to yourself by email from your wallpapers folder, if the file opens properly than it's the files you are receiving are bad.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I have an e-mail with a WMV attachment. Is there any way to save this to my Pre so I can use USB drive mode to watch it on my computer?

Right now all I get is "cannot find application to open this file" -- no option to simply save the file.

jim
    I am having the same question here. My friends emailed me an olympic game song as an email attachment. I can play it in Pre. but i can't save it to my phone. I will have to open the email with a computer and transfer it to my pre song folder. this is not convenient. Anybody have a solution?

thanks.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post

jim
    Wondering about the same thing. I've sent myself some mp3 files. I can play them, but haven't found a way to save them.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    You can use internalz to do it but its not a simple press and click solution.....

Once you have internalz you browse to var/luna/data/attachment/ there will be folders with the name bucket they will be numbered then inside each bucket folder is another one named part with a bunch of number inside that folder is a attachment that came in an email.

You have to just dig through each one till you find the attachment you want copy it over to /media/internal/ and the folder of your choice other than ones with a . in front of them and your done.

Its somewhat of a pain but works...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I had a zip file sent to me I needed bad, had to find a pc and retrieve it from web mail.. Gotta be a way to "shift click" and save on USB for retrieval.