Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have three Pre's in my house and all of them shut down today at 230pm and would not restart until I swapped the batteries with new batteries. They would not even come on when placed on the touchstone. Has anyone had the same issue? Perhaps I have some kind of a bug or virus. Phone has been acting up when web app is open and locks up. Power restart is needed to get it working again. Anyone?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davideparr View Post
    I have three Pre's in my house and all of them shut down today at 230pm and would not restart until I swapped the batteries with new batteries. They would not even come on when placed on the touchstone. Has anyone had the same issue? Perhaps I have some kind of a bug or virus. Phone has been acting up when web app is open and locks up. Power restart is needed to get it working again. Anyone?
    I just took the second (of three) Pre's to Sprint with the same issue.
    The first ended up getting replaced three times until we just got a BB Curve instead.
    When this one started doing it, I found a service guy who said it's a known issue. Apparently, they know that the batteries that were manufactured in Japan are mostly defective. That's why when I replaced the battery with an extra that I had, the same thing started happening. He said that they were told to order a different batch that came from Korea- I'd have it in two days and it would fix the issue.
    I hope so.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Strange thing is, I have two newer (later version Pre's) with the stock batteries and my refurb phone (this is my 5th one) has the Seido 1350 and they all did it about the exact same time. If I wanst watching TV I would have thought EMP went off lol. Just kidding. I have patches and Preware but not had a problem until today. Anyone else have a shut down today?
    This happened to me right after installing the 1.3.5.1 update.
    What happened is that the phone suffered serious battery drain (approx. 20% per hour whereas before the update it was approx. 1.5% per hour) and since it sat overnight it was completely dead. After 5 minutes or so of sitting on the touchstone it came back to life.
    Hasnt happened to me.