1.    #1  
    I believe this problem originated when I clicked a spoof link. My friend had gotten hacked the same way so that his status was updated regularly with "Cool link check this out! [LINK]"

Now when I try to go on facebook on my phone, it loads up a spanish language login page:
    "touch.facebook.com/login.php?next=http%253A%252F%252Ftouch.facebook.com%252F%253Fw2m&cancel=http%3A%2F%2Ftouch.facebook .com%2F%3Fw2m&fbconnect=0"

It loads this even if I type "facebook.com" into the browser address.
    have you tried clearing your history and cache?
    I've been dealing with a nasty outbreak of the Personal Security Virus at work as of late. Originating from facebook..... I xfered from ATT's sales to their Support Plus Department. We take calls from people whose PC's are really messed up, think geek squad except no in home stuff all remote. The Psec can bad. Lotsa pop ups and it tries to mess with the winsock and TCP/IP stuff(you internet) It sounds as though your account is hijacked, change the password and reset your IE to default in Internet options. DON'T LET A BROWSER AUTO SAVE PASSWORDS!!!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  4.    #4  
    how do i shot cache?
    If it is a virus log on quickly to the site on a computer and change the password, if you can. Otherwise maybe you got this virus?
  6.    #6  
    lulz.

I think its some kind of redirect virus inherent to my phone.

Here's the series of events:

1. Some weeks ago I clicked some virus link.
    2. I noticed my status was posting the virus so I changed me pw.
    3. All is well for a week or two.
    4. I go to my saved card web version of facebook (not that stupid mobile bs from palm)
    4B. OR I type facebook.com into the phone to go straight there.
    5. Loads spanish language login page at the "touch.facebook...Cancel" address.

Therefore I don't think its a PW hack. I can still log in from home computers. But I think the redirect may have been attempting to spoof the login and steal my PW.

This makes me think there is something similar to a hosts file like in windows, but they redirected the MAC lookup on my phone to point to their spoof.

Also, even my gramma knows to change her PW after she got hacked, and she passed away ten years ago.
    Its very unlikely your phone is infected with a redirect or virus etc. It has to do with your currently used ip address for facebook. Meaning the last person that used that address was using Spanish to view facebook. I get it with google all the time. Some people are just more prone to it. There is no real fix other then to change the default language on the site yourself.

Just goes to show you, remember to always log out . But again the above still applies even if you log out, because websites will cache that information.

Phones change there IP address quiet often, you can try rebooting your phone.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Its very unlikely your phone is infected with a redirect or virus etc. It has to do with your currently used ip address for facebook. Meaning the last person that used that address was using Spanish to view facebook.
    Consider the fact that no one uses my phone except me.

I get it with google all the time. Some people are just more prone to it. There is no real fix other then to change the default language on the site yourself.
    There is no reason for the default language to have changed except by the intervention of mistake or spoof code.

Just goes to show you, remember to always log out . But again the above still applies even if you log out, because websites will cache that information.
    I appreciate your time, but your advice does not apply.

Phones change there IP address quiet often, you can try rebooting your phone.
    You mean powering my phone off and on? That's happened a couple times unless you mean by some other method.
  9.    #9  
    Ah okay so now the mobile version is touch.facebook.com. I can no longer open the web version even if I want to.

I hate the mobile facebook because the features are sooooo limited. "You wanna tag a photo? Too bad, sucker. Suck it!"
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Few days ago I did get a mail from a Facebook phisher that wanted me to sign in, looked almost legit but as always the link was not correct. I can understand that some people get fooled.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    I get it with google all the time. Some people are just more prone to it. There is no real fix other then to change the default language on the site yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidUglyHead View Post
    There is no reason for the default language to have changed except by the intervention of mistake or spoof code.
    Actually, Google does this be design because it's supposed to provide pertinent local search results I guess...The only problem is it seems to get confused sometimes(and for others quite often).

For what it's worth to this thread, I think I may have found a solution to this problem with Google.

Eliminating Google search localized redirect

Quote Originally Posted by StupidUglyHead View Post
    lulz.

I think its some kind of redirect virus inherent to my phone.

Here's the series of events:

1. Some weeks ago I clicked some virus link.
    2. I noticed my status was posting the virus so I changed me pw.
    3. All is well for a week or two.
    4. I go to my saved card web version of facebook (not that stupid mobile bs from palm)
    4B. OR I type facebook.com into the phone to go straight there.
    5. Loads spanish language login page at the "touch.facebook...Cancel" address.

Therefore I don't think its a PW hack. I can still log in from home computers. But I think the redirect may have been attempting to spoof the login and steal my PW.

This makes me think there is something similar to a hosts file like in windows, but they redirected the MAC lookup on my phone to point to their spoof.

Also, even my gramma knows to change her PW after she got hacked, and she passed away ten years ago.
    MAC addresses aren't transmitted during layer 3 network communication (ie. routing on the Internet)

I'm editing my post to not look like a total troll: Did you mean DNS?