1.    #1  
    so i'm coming from a long list of treos that had a dpad to move around in text...how is this accomplished without one? I just tried to respond to a post with quote and couldn't because I couldn't get my cursor to the bottom of the screen! Please tell me there is a shortcut or workaround that i'm missing
    Orange key + drag finger in direction you want the cursor to go.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Move the cursor around the screen by holding down the orange button while you flick your finger around the screen. It takes a small bit of practice, but becomes pretty easy to get precise positioning of the cursor. To select text, do the same thing, except hold down the up-arrow button. BTW, I miss the dpad in my Treo 755p, but there are a million things I love about the Pre.
    Hold down the "Orange" key (aka option) and a 4-way cursor will appear. Drag your finger anywhere on the screen to reposition the cursor. It is inertial sensitive so a fast "drag" will move further than a slow drag.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Hold down the "Orange" key (aka option) and a 4-way cursor will appear. Drag your finger anywhere on the screen to reposition the cursor. It is inertial sensitive so a fast "drag" will move further than a slow drag.
    perfect...thank you all! (notice a reply with quote from my pre!) I still miss my dpad, but everything else about the pre/webos is far better than the treos i'll agree...I had a touch pro 2 for a month and just HATED it...can't wait for 1.4. Is there a collection/manual with all KB shortcuts?
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    wow - i NEVER knew that! super awesome.

i must admit it'd be nicer if you could do it just by holding down on gesture area, like for copy and paste, rather than orange key