Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hi. I emailed myself some wallpapers from one of the forums, and when trying to save them to the downloads folder, I get the message -
    "Cannot find an application which can open this file."

The default applications section of Device Info does not list any extensions related to images (jpg/jpeg/png/bmp etcetera), or show anything for Photos.

I removed all email related patches (though nothing that should change this behavior) and the browser multi-mod patch. Restarted Luna, no joy...

I don't see anything like /etc/mime.types or /etc/magic.mime.

Next steps? Recommendations? (Short of WebOSRepair or WebOSDoctor, please).

Thanks,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    try scrolling down to the bottom off the email and see if the pic was there! And then click that pic. They changed this a few versions ago.
    Last edited by Audemars02; 01/13/2010 at 09:41 AM.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    try scrolling down to the bottom off the email and see if the pic was there! And the click that pic. They changed this a few versions ago.
    Audemars02 - Thanks Much!

What an odd change!

Yes, they're at the bottom and works as expected...

Many thanks, & regards,

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    it should still work the other way too though...i'd consider this a bug...
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkster5 View Post
    it should still work the other way too though...i'd consider this a bug...
    I concur!
    i am also having this problem (palm pre2 v2.0.1). I can see the attachment at the bottom of the page but I can't save it. also after i view the email and go back to it later the image is no longer at the bottom of the page. please help. thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by 808bass View Post
    i am also having this problem (palm pre2 v2.0.1). I can see the attachment at the bottom of the page but I can't save it. also after i view the email and go back to it later the image is no longer at the bottom of the page. please help. thank you.
    Your best bet may be installing the "Save Attachements to Download folder" patch from preware. that will download any attachments once you load them up. this has worked well for me!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Your best bet may be installing the "Save Attachements to Download folder" patch from preware. that will download any attachments once you load them up. this has worked well for me!
    I really like that patch but can't get past the bug in it where you can no longer forward emails with attachments. Or was this bug fixed?