Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by ludvball View Post
    I just performed this from terminal, and it worked. I haven't tried installing new apps, but my current app updates now work.

I skipped the first step which has you run sudo. The steps I performed are as follows.

Start Terminal
    cd /var
    cd palm
    cd data
    cd com.palm.appInstallService
    rm installHistory.db
    press orange + SYM + R to reboot

You can download terminal from Preware.
    thanks for everyones help. I did this fine through terminal, but I think an emergency pach (like epr) should be put in preware so that's it's easier for others
    can do thru WebOSQI and open linux command line and issue single command

rm /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/installHistory.db

Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    When you are in Internals tap the folder at the top with the ".." until you are at the root directory (the folder with the two dots will disappear). Scroll to the var directory tap it, then palm directory tap it, then data directory tap it, then com.palm.appInstallService directory tap it.

/var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/

You should see the installHistory.db

/var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/installHistory.db

tap and hold a pop-up menu should appear. select delete.
    I tried this and it fixed my problem the first time. I did reboot after I deleted the db file.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I want to thank all who contributed to helping fix this problem. It took some time to learn how to get "control" of my Pre, but it was worth it.
    It made me get Preware and open the door to SO MUCH more...
    Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    This can also be accessed using internalz, No PC hook-up necessary.

/var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/installHistory.db
    Yep, worked like a charm for me. Just tap/hold on the installHistory.db file and choose Delete from the popup menu. Then reboot your phone.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    Thanks so much to this community, I just Dr'd the phone and was dreading the thought of doing it again. What a relief.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    can do thru WebOSQI and open linux command line and issue single command

rm /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/installHistory.db

Had this problem again on rplacement pre. Found my post...Single WebOSQI command as above. (Post fixed d/t typo)
    I'm am relatively new to Homebrew, started using WebOS Quick Install only about 2 weeks ago. Everything has been working like a charm since. UberKernel and Govnah are the reason I'm even here. I just wanted more horse power on my Verizon Pre+. This issue has been happening for about 9 days as of this post.

I've tried both versions of the fix provided in this thread. Used Terminal and entered all the
    commands promptly and rebooted. Nothing.

Also, installed Internalz, followed the ".." directories, clicked on the correct folders as posted deleting the install history file, still nothing. Here's a couple of screenshots I took;

(the never ending updates)

(as you can see, I tap all three bottons with no response)

Of course, I have thought of using webOS Doctor but that means erasing a bunch of apps and going back to version 1.4. Is anyone having a similar issue? I've looked everywhere but this thread is as close to my problem as I can get. Please, if I am on the wrong thread, lead me to where I could find help. Thanks.
    Last edited by AGPrePlus; 01/30/2011 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Added pictures and description.
    me too...exactly the same problem w 'phantom' app...cannot download anything from app catalog or open any apps of mine w an update available....i am on an original palm pre' w no extra stuff..been about 10 days like this. Restarted, taken out battery & cleared cache, cookies. No luck
    Quote Originally Posted by penelope8226 View Post
    me too...exactly the same problem w 'phantom' app...cannot download anything from app catalog or open any apps of mine w an update available....i am on an original palm pre' w no extra stuff..been about 10 days like this. Restarted, taken out battery & cleared cache, cookies. No luck

I found the solution the very next day I posted this. It's quite simple;

1) Tap the Launch menu
    2) Open Device Info
    3) Scroll all to the very buttom and tap Reset Options
    4) Tap Erase Apps & Data

Vuola! Your phone will reboot. Just log into your Palm profile. Do not worry my friend, all your apps, contacts and other data will be restored. Just be patient because if you had a lot of apps it will take a while to download and install. Hoped it helped
    This didn't work for me, running webOS 2.1.0 on a Sprint Pre -
    I think because installHistory.db is a folder containing a file called installHistory.db

I found this page: Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

Followed the instructions to extract the novaterm files to my PDK/bin folder. Opened cmd, navigated to my PDK/bin folder and typed novaterm to open a terminal.

Then did:

cd /var/palm/data
    rm -rf com.palm.appInstallService\ to remove the entire directory
    (I saw it contained folders for each of my stuck 'ghost' app installs, you can type ls to show the list of directories and files in any folder)
    mkdir com.palm.appInstallService

then orange + SYM + r to reboot
    after reboot, there were no more stuck installations!

Quote Originally Posted by jpwhite4914 View Post
    It happened again last night when I was downloading Whendle. I did not want to perform another partial erase. I struggled a little to understand how to get WebOS Quick Install loaded on my laptop, so I could install preware, so I could install terminal.

Once terminal was installed (and phone rebooted ..... again), I was able to delete the "installHistory.db" file by typing the comands below (many thanks mikeysride9812 & others!) in the newly installed terminal program.

cd /var
    cd palm
    cd data
    cd com.palm.appInstallService
    rm installHistory.db

It worked great!!
    No partial erase, missing data, and redownload of every app.

Thanks all.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345