Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    This can also be accessed using internalz, No PC hook-up necessary.

/var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/installHistory.db
    Not that I am opposed to using terminal commands, but this method worked fantastic. Very easy no typing necessary. Thank you so much this forum is the best!
    i cant update my apps from the "Updates" app. i click it and it just sits there and says "searching for updates". It hasnt done anything else for about two weeks now. This all started when palm released their "Tether" App. I got it, failed to install, restarted the phone, tried again. It still didnt work so I uninstalled it. When I went to download it again from the App Catalog, it did not show up. Ever since then I cant update apps. Help!
    Ive been having an issue with the update app. It says I have an update for an app but it wont tell me which one and when I hit show updates there is nothing to update. I've tried using the help tutorial about Deleting the .db for appInstallService and that does not fix my problem. I think it happened after the app catalog had mobile hotspot for download but it wasnt suppose to be there for sprint. I kept getting an Install failed. So I manually added the patched mobile hotspot hoping it would get rid of the problem but to no avail. Does anyone else have this issue and a fix?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzeph View Post
    Mikeysride9812 and ludvball: Very very thankful for your help in this matter! I don't know what I'd do without PreCentral Forums.
    Me too!!! I have had this app cat issue for a week, finally got serious about trying to fix it and found this thread. What a relief. Thank you!!!!

I think my problem started due to downloading the Palm Hot Spot app which was briefly in catalog but was not intended for my Pre.
    I had this issue,pm'd Hardbeatz turns out it was codebreaker,
    i've since reinstalled said app now i'm back to,
    "your phone is up to date screen",
    praise the lord!and Hardbeatz.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    I had the same problem...
    I installed Terminal from PreWare and just ran the following commands as suggested

cd /var
    cd palm
    cd data
    cd com.palm.appInstallService
    rm installHistory.db
    press orange + SYM + R to reboot

Thanks mikeysride9812
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Amazed again. Every time I have a problem with the phone I do a little search on PreCentral and the answer is here.
    Thanks a bunch. Now I can go on a shopping spree during the sale.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad8299 View Post
    Ive been having an issue with the update app. It says I have an update for an app but it wont tell me which one and when I hit show updates there is nothing to update. I've tried using the help tutorial about Deleting the .db for appInstallService and that does not fix my problem. I think it happened after the app catalog had mobile hotspot for download but it wasnt suppose to be there for sprint. I kept getting an Install failed. So I manually added the patched mobile hotspot hoping it would get rid of the problem but to no avail. Does anyone else have this issue and a fix?
    Brad - I have the very same problem - exactly as you describe. I hope someone has an easy fix.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    This can also be accessed using internalz, No PC hook-up necessary.

Ok, so once I am here in Internalz what do I do next? Info, Open, Move, Copy, Delete? And where do I put the cd /var, etc?

Sorry for the dumb question but would be great if I could fix without computer. Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by JBGood View Post
    Ok, so once I am here in Internalz what do I do next? Info, Open, Move, Copy, Delete? And where do I put the cd /var, etc?

Sorry for the dumb question but would be great if I could fix without computer. Thanks in advance!
    When you are in Internals tap the folder at the top with the ".." until you are at the root directory (the folder with the two dots will disappear). Scroll to the var directory tap it, then palm directory tap it, then data directory tap it, then com.palm.appInstallService directory tap it.

/var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/

You should see the installHistory.db

tap and hold a pop-up menu should appear. select delete.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    I've started experiencing this issue as well. The fix involving deleting installHistory.db doesn't seem to be taking care of this problem.

Same thing here as well.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I've also done this "fix" and still have the issue.
    BTW: I've never tried to use mobile hotspot.
    Quote Originally Posted by adamf663 View Post
    there's no need for all those CD's.

I ran WebOSQuickInstall (palm pre in dev mode, novacom running)
    went to tools menu and entered 'linux command line'.
    Combined path into rm command so it's just one command:
    rm /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/installHistory.db
    then orange/sym/R

phantom app is gone.
    downloading works again!
    Perfect solution! Thank you thank you!!! I type better on the computer than my Pre anyway, so the linux command worked better for me...one note for anyone as ditzy as me...I have a newer Pre and so I don't have the orange button...so it wasn't until after I typed the "then orange/sym/R" and got a not found message back that I realized that you meant a reboot...DUH!!!
    I have made a sh script that can be easily run from the terminal and it is of the exact line from the original thread and everyone in my thread says it does not work. So whats the deal, is this a bogus thread or are people not doing something right?
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by OraSharon1 View Post
    I had the same problem...
    I installed Terminal from PreWare and just ran the following commands as suggested

cd /var
    cd palm
    cd data
    rm installHistory.db

Thanks mikeysride9812
    Just did this and it worked GREAT!!! Now that I can finally download/install/update apps, its gonna be a while... my que for updates alone is 13 and it's only been a week!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeysride9812 View Post
    here is the fix for this it seems that the install log still tries to install some thing but errors out here is the fix

run putty and sudo in to the pre

after you open putty type this in to terminal

sudo -i
    cd /var
    cd palm
    cd data
    rm installHistory.db

Fixes 100% of the time...
    I used the Filezilla option of using my wifi to get into my Pre to the
    /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService directory
    Then I deleted the installHistory.db

The filezilla option of using wifi & ftp is here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...filezilla.html
    my phones 100% stock, If I take this to sprint. would they fix or replace it?
    I know nothing about programing and this is gibberish to me
    Im having a similar issue, i check for updates, it says updates are available so i click show updates but when I get to app screen nothing needs updated?

EDIT: I tried the solution thru terminal, terminus and internalz and none of them work and I am not going to the doctor! Lol I will live with it for now.
    thanks I'm back in business, Got preware, Just opened a new world, an I like it
    I installed terminal an follow the instructions, worked on the second try for me
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast