1. fakemirror
    I may seem like an ***** here, but how do I use the webOS_doctor that is downloaded in the 3 folders: com, META-INF, resources?

I have use versions of Doctor that simply have a .jar file that you click on it it starts the process.

Can anybody help me get started here?
  2. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    You can always find the latest verison of the WebOS Doctor here

Just right click on the jar file after it's downloaded and click "Run with Java Runtime" or similar.
  3. fakemirror
    yes, but when I download the Doctor version, I unzip it and there are the three folders I mentioned above. Which folder and what file do I right click on?
    Quote Originally Posted by fakemirror View Post
    yes, but when I download the Doctor version, I unzip it and there are the three folders I mentioned above. Which folder and what file do I right click on?
    You don't unzip it. Just run the .jar as is.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
  5. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Don't unzip it, jar files are meant to be self contained executable archives. Just right click it and click "Run with Java Runtime" or whatever it says on your OS.

Make sure you have the latest JRE installed also
  6. fakemirror
    OK, here is the 'download.jar' file -
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...0ewwsprint.jar

When you click this file on it it downloads as a .zip file.
    So how then do you 'run it"?
    OK, here is the 'download.jar' file -
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre/p...0ewwsprint.jar

When you click this file on it it downloads as a .zip file.
    So how then do you 'run it"?
    Something is renaming your file. Try renaming it back to webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar.

Visor -> m515 -> Treo 650 -> HTC TyTnII -> Treo 750 -> Treo Pro -> Prē -> Prē Plus -> Prē 2

WebOS Patches: Ringer switch icon in Top bar, Disable LightBar, Week Numbers in Calendar (ISO 8601)
  8. fakemirror
    Ok, I am running JRE6 on a WinXP 5.1 OS. When I right click on the. jar I do not get any option to Run with Java RunTime. Is there another way to run it?
    Ok, I am running JRE6 on a WinXP 5.1 OS. When I right click on the. jar I do not get any option to Run with Java RunTime. Is there another way to run it?
    Do you have "hide known filetypes" or whatever it is called turned off in explorer? The filename may still be "sprintblablahbla.jar.zip".

10. fakemirror
    Thank you frause! That was it !!!
    Thank you frause! That was it !!!
    I've been bitten by that stupid windows explorer thing before. It hides part of the filename and doesn't let you change it. Very confusing.