Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I would have thought GPU, Flash, and Video would have been a 1.5 update. With all these things coming in webOS 1.4, what will 1.5 bring? What will 2.0 bring?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I thought they said flash will be "soon" ... not in 1.4. That's what I heard when I watched it and I could be easily wrong.
    Well, they said the beta for Flash will be soon, with the official release coming with 1.4. I would imagine that 2.0 is going to be reserved for WebOS 2.0, perhaps with hardware upgrades to Sprints' model. I see the possibility of a compass, 4g (wishful), etc. 1.5 ? anyones guess...
    I say 1.5 will be voice recording...or sendin videos n music through mms without a patch
    GPU support in webOS hasn't officially been announced for 1.4, as far as I remember. I think that'd be talked about a lot more around here if it was.

I agree with Dingwall on webOS 2.0 shipping with hardware 2.0 (Pre 2). I'd envision a memory enhancement to 32GB to keep them up to par with the iPhone (for a few weeks, at least), and a magnetometer for same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    I say 1.5 will be voice recording...or sendin videos n music through mms without a patch
    Voice recording will probably follow a SDK update and you'll be more impressed by the apps, but maybe they'd work on voice commands of some sort?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I also would assume something like voice recording and maybe dialing for 1.5. I also hope for full IM support for most other IM services (MS Live, ICQ, Facebook, Myspace,..). Especially MS Live (MSN) should be there for a treal brake in Europe. And if not already in 1.4, 1.5 should have paid apps for (the whole of) Europe.

2.0 I agree will probably be out with new hardware and hopefully with a lot of refined, more feature rich apps. I.e. better PIM apps, etc.
    Also, 2.0 hardware had better damn well ship with an autofocus camera. Not just for the cellphone photophiles, but for apps like bar-code scanners, product match searches, etc.
    since they have been listening to the homebrew community alot I can see them intergrating some patch ideas in future webos updates, 2.0 will most likely be new hardware pre 2 or something will faster processor and a way more refined experience and maybe they will have themes in the app catologe soon in upcoming updates...
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I got a feeling that WebOS 2.0 won't be exclusive to new hardware. I'm sure the first gen Pre will be able to handle 2.0.

There could be a slight chance that there won't be a 1.5, Palm could theoretically jump from 1.4.x to 2.0.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    My vote is with new hardware to include the new Snapdragon processor towards the end of the year.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    One of the options shown after recording a video shown in the 'hands on' clips is send via mms so I guess this is a 1.4 feature
    2.0 will be for new phones. like full range of new phones, whatever it is will be slimmer and have a bigger screen, whether its touch only (doubt) or has a slide out keyboard (needs to be a tad bigger then the pre's to be perfect)
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    2.0 will be for new phones. like full range of new phones, whatever it is will be slimmer and have a bigger screen, whether its touch only (doubt) or has a slide out keyboard (needs to be a tad bigger then the pre's to be perfect)
    What about a tablet?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    What about a tablet?
    What about a touchscreen netbook running WebOS?
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    A tablet with WebOS would be slick... It would surely beat a tablet running the Iphone OS in terms of usability.
  17. CoobeyMeyer
    Will Flash Beta be free in the app cataloge?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benuk View Post
    One of the options shown after recording a video shown in the 'hands on' clips is send via mms so I guess this is a 1.4 feature
    I took that to mean send the URL via MMS...I could be wrong though. I'd like to be wrong on this, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by csquare View Post
    My vote is with new hardware to include the new Snapdragon processor towards the end of the year.
    They will probably go with the Cortex A9 OMAP SoC.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    2.0 will come with pedals so you can generate power while on the go....

Can see crazy Palm chick commercial now....
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast