1.    #1  
    I'm just curious, after seeing all the wonderful features that will be accompaning the new update do any of you think it warrants the 2.0 update.?Especially with verizon coming on board and the the phones coming out. What do you guys think?
    2.0 will be reserved for a full hardware refresh. The Plus is not really a hardware refresh as much as it is what the Pre should have been at the start.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    From memory...
    webOS is using Linux kernel 2.6.24, which is actually fairly old as far as kernels go. That part of the overall OS won't be touched very often, however. I'm guessing that 2.0 will come out when they have a reason to upgrade the kernel.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Just out of pure curiosity...is there a method as to how they decide what series of numbers will be used for updates? I always wondered about it. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I was thinking 1.5 would include Flash, GPU support, and Video.

I was wrong.
  6. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by capp81 View Post
    Just out of pure curiosity...is there a method as to how they decide what series of numbers will be used for updates? I always wondered about it. Thanks.
    Not sure about Palm's method, but here is an acticle on the matter:
    Software versioning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For example:
    major.minor[.build[.revision]]

However version numbers are as much marketing as anything else...
    Quote Originally Posted by capp81 View Post
    Nah. I think it's just a guestimation.