Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Why can't we view the launch screen in "landscape" mode, why can't the email default to "landscape" mode? Where is the on screen virtual keyboard? All this other stuff is nice but these seem basic to me and we still don't have them.
    Quote Originally Posted by capp81 View Post
    Why can't we view the launch screen in "landscape" mode, why can't the email default to "landscape" mode? Where is the on screen virtual keyboard? All this other stuff is nice but these seem basic to me and we still don't have them.
    sure we do...install Preware and you can have ALL of that...well maybe not the launcher landscape but the other tweaks are there...and its simple.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I knew about the preware but I shouldn't have to install after market software to get my phone to do the things it should do for me from palm. I will look into that though. Thanks.
    in a perfect world, i shouldnt goto work today so i can pay my mortgage. but i will do it :-)

good day all
    You just don't know if Palm is working on those and chances are the could easily be in 1.4 those aren't big enough news for CES. People had to be wowed and announcing some feature changes doesn't get the job done. I bet it 1.4 the change log is huge of new little features they will never announce.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    If you're biggest issue is that you don't want to turn your phone from time to time, then the Pre is doing okay.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    in a perfect world, i shouldnt goto work today so i can pay my mortgage. but i will do it :-)

good day all
    Totally unnecessary.
    Totally unnecessary.
    Maybe, but when folks post that their personal pet issue is "basic", and implying that others should get themselves similarly worked up about it, that's equally unnecessary. Those features weren't on the phone when you bought it, and nobody ever claimed that they would be.

I'd suggest looking at this:
    |
    |
    |
    V

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    stop *****ing/thread
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Amazing.
    I am HAPPY that I have a phone where I am allowed to add "un-official" patches to change my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderf View Post
    I am HAPPY that I have a phone where I am allowed to add "un-official" patches to change my experience.
    Just as long as you don't mind having to remove all those patches each time there's a "push" OS update, and are lucky enough to have those patches still install/run when you add them back in after the update...
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by regnaD kciN View Post
    Just as long as you don't mind having to remove all those patches each time there's a "push" OS update, and are lucky enough to have those patches still install/run when you add them back in after the update...
    Yeah I don't mind benefitting from all the hardwork the pre community has done to make this phone such a great device. Next time, type out all your complaints and hand it to those developers when you give them a check, the one for their time.
    I too like the option of havin patch options!!!! Palm knew wat they were doin by leavin it open enough for tweaks..and the webos internalz preware team is workin on makin all patches automatically update wit palm updates so we won't have to uninstall and reinstall any patches...be patient everybody! Give dem time..and if you that impatient push a donate button
    Ya gotta love palm for being cool with third party patches and homebrew stuff :cough:applesucks:cough:.Yeah I can't wait for preware to have an option where it logs all the patches and the theme and then uninstalls them so you can restart and do a palm update then go back to preware and hit one button and it just reinstalls all of them. Maybe even have preware check through the update app and automatically do it all then start the update that would be cool. I'm sure they have something like that in the works already just waiting to surprise us with it. I'm just glad these guys work so hard just for the heck of it and maybe a little recognition or a small donation now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    Maybe, but when folks post that their personal pet issue is "basic", and implying that others should get themselves similarly worked up about it, that's equally unnecessary. Those features weren't on the phone when you bought it, and nobody ever claimed that they would be.
    Except that there's clearly nothing in the OP that implies others should get similarly worked up about it...

I do hate when people try to use fabrications in order to prove a point...
    Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    Except that there's clearly nothing in the OP that implies others should get similarly worked up about it...

I do hate when people try to use fabrications in order to prove a point...
    "Why can't we", "we should have them", and the use of certainly implied that others should be as upset as the OP. You may have read it differently, but that's far from fabrication.