Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rainking View Post
    I'm really excited about this. How far off are you from getting it into the app catalog?
    Oops, I was referrring to the YouView visual voicemail that Arcticus is developing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I'm not sure what you're even expecting to be "backed up" when it comes to my statement that the latest announcements is "getting caught up with 2009". 16GB? Video Camera? Games? Those aren't things that anyone would consider "new" or "innovative" and there still is a pretty hefty list of common features that are still lacking.

I know you are trying to pin me as someone "attacking" Palm but that's not the case at all. My point is that the Pre stole the show at CES09 because Palm went on stage and showed that WebOS truly was a step ahead of the competition. But what exactly are they offering at CES10 that is supposed to give new users any sort of desire to get a Palm device?

One thing about Android is that they've proven to the industry that their OS will get updates OUTSIDE of the tradeshow schedules. They're constantly making changes and have new and old hardware to take advantage of it. But Palm is very similar to Apple in that they are relying heavily on annual press events to announce big changes so if this is all they are showing us then this is all Palm users get to digest until the next "appropriate" convention.

I'm not interested in any "bets" on this. I'm only interested in the phone that I own will maintain it's position as a viable competitor. And since I'm not under some delusion that I work for these companies then if Palm fails to suit my needs I will simply switch to a competitor guilt free. That's the advantage of being brand agnostic.
    I'm ok with what they said this CES. What you alluded to, the annual events. Palm needs more than a once a year event to compete. Apple is gearing up for at least 3 mobile events per year with their rumored tablet. Android has multiple makers which is always creating buzz with every new release...not to mention google.com being the number one website with most hits being a canvas for their advertising.

What i guess i mean is, there's time later this year for Palm to make some more news which should include 2.0 sometime and some new hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Grampa hparsons downloaded Need for Speed and is all pumped up now
    Hahaha!
    This stuff is too good.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/08/2010 at 01:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by surfhi View Post
    the palm pre doesn't need 3d gaming. its just a gimmick for iphone loser f anboys. we don't need video recording, its not useable for a mobile device. the app catalog is about to boom.

-precentral 2009
    And I totally agree. Personally, I could give a crap about 3D gaming or video recording. My point is, the exact same know-it-alls that have been in here whining and trying to impress everyone with their big brains since June, are still here singing the same tune at a different pitch.

"Oh, I can't believe this phone doesn't have video recording! It's the most important feature in the world because the iPhone does and even my old can-and-string phone could do it. That's why I'll never buy a Pre. Oh, it has video recording now? Well, it should have had it a long time ago. But it still can't do 3D games. What's that? Oh, well there's no developers that will write for it. Huh? Well..."

Back to the real world. Enjoy your whining.
    Don'tcha just love whiners whining about whining, rants about ranters and complaints about complainers?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Don'tcha just love whiners whining about whining, rants about ranters and complaints about complainers?
    Speak of the devil...
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Speak of the devil...
    Muhahahaha
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dustysa4 View Post
    I'd like to complain about the over glitchiness, slowness, and poor workmanship of the phone. It doesn't matter how many features you pack in to a turd, it's still a turd.
    If the Pre is a turd, what species of animal passed it? We could make a fortune harvesting those turds because the functionality these turds provide is amazing for being digested food.

Step 1: Collect turds
    Step 2: ???
    Step 3: Profit!!!
    I'm actually more fond of the people who whine about people complaining that people are ranting about people who whine... (lather, rinse, repeat)
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Yesterday, someone complained about the complaining, and then someone complained about that guy complaining about the complaining.
    LMAO

One day won't having buttons on our Pre's make us Preoneers?
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    I'm actually more fond of the people who whine about people complaining that people are ranting about people who whine... (lather, rinse, repeat)
    Is that me?
    If it's not, i'll complain about it.
    Is that me?
    If it's not, i'll complain about it.
    This thread may make you all feel better but the truth is that the Pre and Palm are far from perfect. It's got great potential but any objective analysis would still say it's slow, battery ain't great, Europe support is a joke, and the touchscreen is still too sensitive. 1.4 and open access to webOS are real steps forward and I hope the Pre comes of age quicker than the iPhone did - the progress from 2G to 3GS took longer than it seems the Pre will. But Palm needs to deliver across all networks and to sort out the fundamentals - slow browsing and ongoing poor battery life need sorting soon or they will be Pre killers rather than iPhone killers.
  14.    #154  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMium View Post
    Here's one: all my old iphone accessories don't fit my Pre
    now thats funny
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    And I totally agree. Personally, I could give a crap about 3D gaming or video recording. My point is, the exact same know-it-alls that have been in here whining and trying to impress everyone with their big brains since June, are still here singing the same tune at a different pitch.

"Oh, I can't believe this phone doesn't have video recording! It's the most important feature in the world because the iPhone does and even my old can-and-string phone could do it. That's why I'll never buy a Pre. Oh, it has video recording now? Well, it should have had it a long time ago. But it still can't do 3D games. What's that? Oh, well there's no developers that will write for it. Huh? Well..."

yep we're cool. I hate both sides of the f anboys. Those who hate the phone no matter what and those who keep saying pre is the greatest phone ever and responding to every drawback as "well the iphone in it's first six months." and "we don't need that gimmicky stuff" then coming back and saying look what we got, checkmate. We bought hype. It isn't king YET but I'm more optimistic this past month after listening about the great google phone.
  16.    #156  

thats why i started this thread cause i think its funny.

however there have been some prety good points to come out, i can admit.
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiec10 View Post
    This thread may make you all feel better but the truth is that the Pre and Palm are far from perfect. It's got great potential but any objective analysis would still say it's slow, battery ain't great, Europe support is a joke, and the touchscreen is still too sensitive. 1.4 and open access to webOS are real steps forward and I hope the Pre comes of age quicker than the iPhone did - the progress from 2G to 3GS took longer than it seems the Pre will. But Palm needs to deliver across all networks and to sort out the fundamentals - slow browsing and ongoing poor battery life need sorting soon or they will be Pre killers rather than iPhone killers.
    I don't know why you quoted my post, but anybody here will tell you- I never even came close, AT ANY TIME, to saying the Pre was perfect.
    ... the Pre was perfect.
    I just quoted you saying "the Pre was perfect" (out of context of course)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    I just quoted you saying "the Pre was perfect" (out of context of course)
    Haha - --------> nice try.
    Quote Originally Posted by dustysa4 View Post
    I'd like to complain about the over glitchiness, slowness, and poor workmanship of the phone. It doesn't matter how many features you pack in to a turd, it's still a turd.
    And yet you continue to hold it in your hands, and run your fingers all over it.

Brings up some really bad visions of potty training...
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast