Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 261
  1. arcane's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #121  
    give me voice recording or give me death.

    well, maybe not death.
  2. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Wanna bet?
    I'm serious. You say stuff like this, and I'm calling you on it. How much are you willing to bet that users will "choose Palm over the competitors".

    Verizon apparently is willing to bet the price of around 400,000 units on it, but then... what do they know?
    You can only make a "bet" when you have something to lose. And since I don't take personal pride in the success of a company that I have nothing to do with; nor do I have anything to gain by a phone selling on a carrier I don't use, then what exactly does a "bet" get me? Bragging rights on a forum of anonymous users? The ability to tell people that "I totally predicted that a phone I once purchased was successful on a carrier I have no association with?". That's your territory, not mine.

    I'm very curious on how the people here who take everything so personally will react if Verizon/ATT users flood the board. If they can't tolerate the small number of Sprint "complainers" then whats going to happen if Verizon/ATT quadruples the numbers of PreCentral users who dare to have expectations out of products they purchase?
    Last edited by Urkel; 01/08/2010 at 11:16 AM.
  3. #123  
    No group/distribution list text messaging. It's really a pain to text more than a couple people.
  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    You can only make a "bet" when you have something to lose. And since I don't take personal pride in the success of a company that I have nothing to do with; nor do I have anything to gain by a phone selling on a carrier I don't use, then what exactly does a "bet" get me? Bragging rights on a forum of anonymous users? The ability to tell people that "I totally predicted that a phone I once purchased was successful on a carrier I have no association with?". That's your territory, not mine.

    I'm very curious on how the people here who take everything so personally will react if Verizon/ATT users flood the board. If they can't tolerate the small number of Sprint "complainers" then whats going to happen if Verizon/ATT quadruples the numbers of PreCentral users who dare to have expectations out of products they purchase?
  5. PreMium's Avatar
    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    were getting flash and video recording. we have an easier to view app catalog (i really like that one) better battery, faster performance all by the end of feb.

    is there anything else were missing on the pre to complain about at this time?

    im sure there is and i can not wait to hear all about it
    Here's one: all my old iphone accessories don't fit my Pre
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    You can only make a "bet" when you have something to lose. And since I don't take personal pride in the success of a company that I have nothing to do with; nor do I have anything to gain by a phone selling on a carrier I don't use, then what exactly does a "bet" get me? Bragging rights on a forum of anonymous users? The ability to tell people that "I totally predicted that a phone I once purchased was successful on a carrier I have no association with?". That's your territory, not mine.
    ...
    It was just a question... but in short, I take it you're saying you don't mind making claims about "getting caught up with 2009", but you're not into actually backing up the silliness?

    I understand.

    Completely.
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    ...
    I'm very curious on how the people here who take everything so personally will react if Verizon/ATT users flood the board. If they can't tolerate the small number of Sprint "complainers" then whats going to happen if Verizon/ATT quadruples the numbers of PreCentral users who dare to have expectations out of products they purchase?
    Who can't "tolerate" them? I find it amusing. These savage complaints, dire predictions about the company failing, issues about them "catching up to 2009", and yet, the complainers continue to use the phone.

    My reaction if Verizion/ATT users flood the board will be "Welcome on board guys, glad to see you".

    My reaction if they complain about the phone's features that they knew about when the bought it will be much the same as my reaction now. Only more of it.

    Won't that be fun?
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Who can't "tolerate" them? I find it amusing. These savage complaints, dire predictions about the company failing, issues about them "catching up to 2009", and yet, the complainers continue to use the phone.

    My reaction if Verizion/ATT users flood the board will be "Welcome on board guys, glad to see you".

    My reaction if they complain about the phone's features that they knew about when the bought it will be much the same as my reaction now. Only more of it.

    Won't that be fun?
    You seem just giddy with anticipation
  9. #129  
    How about a card slot? So a complete backup to the card could be accomplished? Many folks are asking for a total & complete backup NOT on the cloud!
  10. dustysa4's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    were getting flash and video recording. we have an easier to view app catalog (i really like that one) better battery, faster performance all by the end of feb.

    is there anything else were missing on the pre to complain about at this time?

    im sure there is and i can not wait to hear all about it
    I'd like to complain about the over glitchiness, slowness, and poor workmanship of the phone. It doesn't matter how many features you pack in to a turd, it's still a turd.
  11. sweetneas's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #131  
    I love my Pre.
  12. #132  
    What about solid apps as we get used from Palm in the last 15 years like:
    - simply synchronisation w/ desktops? (my data in the hands of google? brrrr!)
    - password protected private contacts?
    - free setting of contacts categories? (I have appr. 700 people on my list)
    - colour differentiation of the calendar appointments?
    - different settings of tones and volume for clock and calendar?
    - a browser like every other browser w/ plug ins for flash, divx, pdf a.s.o. (somebody knows if the Mozilla people is working on it?)

    Desktop, Laptop, Nettop, Palmtop: this is the sequence.
    And this is what I bought, a little internet computer w/ which I can also phone someone.

    PS: I hope, we in Europe will also get the new updates someday :-)

    So long
    What can be said at all can be said clearly, and what we cannot talk about we must pass over in silence.
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    Battery life is worse for me. So I'm complaining about that. I got a whopping 4 hours today with light usage. And it's been draining faster ever since the update.

    I wish the user interface was faster, wish apps loaded faster. There's still a pregnant pause when doing a lot of things, especially while in a phone call, that makes using it frustrating.

    Today when I was on a call, whenever I held the phone to my ear, it kept cutting in and out -- my friend noticed it on the other end, said he was hearing every few words only. When I put it on speaker, the problem disappeared. Took it off speakerphone and the same thing happened, so I finished my calls with the headset. Something buggy about the proximity feature I guess, since it only occurred when I held it to my ear. That's bad.

    Speaking of the headset, every now and then the phone will get stuck in headset mode. That really shouldn't happen.

    Until the perfect phone is released, there will be complaining. I don't see what the problem is with asking for improvements on a work in progress phone.
    I've had this issue as well, and I finally pinpointed it. It seems as if there is some type of space between the screen and the back part of the screen. If you put it on speaker phone and press the top right part of the screen between your fingers (thumb on the back) it will drop in and out.

    I'm going to a Sprint store today to see if this is a wide-spread problem or if they can give me a replacement, it makes talking on the phone with it on my shoulder impossible.
  14. #134  
    Lots of good ideas here, but I don't need any of them. The only thing I'd ask for is speed - I want this thing to load core apps instantly like BlackBerry/iPhone.

    WebOS is brilliant and I'm proud to own a Pre. Just needs more speed - and this is coming soon. Well done Palm
  15. RafRol's Avatar
    Posts
    544 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I'm going to a Sprint store today to see if this is a wide-spread problem or if they can give me a replacement, it makes talking on the phone with it on my shoulder impossible.

    Dude, save your neck and get a headset!
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
  16. #136  
    your jokes crack me up guys...

    haven't heard those before.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

    RIP

  17. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    It was just a question... but in short, I take it you're saying you don't mind making claims about "getting caught up with 2009", but you're not into actually backing up the silliness?

    I understand.

    Completely.
    I'm not sure what you're even expecting to be "backed up" when it comes to my statement that the latest announcements is "getting caught up with 2009". 16GB? Video Camera? Games? Those aren't things that anyone would consider "new" or "innovative" and there still is a pretty hefty list of common features that are still lacking.

    I know you are trying to pin me as someone "attacking" Palm but that's not the case at all. My point is that the Pre stole the show at CES09 because Palm went on stage and showed that WebOS truly was a step ahead of the competition. But what exactly are they offering at CES10 that is supposed to give new users any sort of desire to get a Palm device?

    One thing about Android is that they've proven to the industry that their OS will get updates OUTSIDE of the tradeshow schedules. They're constantly making changes and have new and old hardware to take advantage of it. But Palm is very similar to Apple in that they are relying heavily on annual press events to announce big changes so if this is all they are showing us then this is all Palm users get to digest until the next "appropriate" convention.

    I'm not interested in any "bets" on this. I'm only interested in the phone that I own will maintain it's position as a viable competitor. And since I'm not under some delusion that I work for these companies then if Palm fails to suit my needs I will simply switch to a competitor guilt free. That's the advantage of being brand agnostic.
  18. a2k
    a2k is offline
    a2k's Avatar
    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #138  
    Service Applications (IM / Jabber / Trillian, etc...)
  19. #139  
    I'm really excited about this. How far off are you from getting it into the app catalog?
  20. #140  
    Grampa hparsons downloaded Need for Speed and is all pumped up now
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions