Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    The Pre will never be able to run any 3D games and no major software company will ever develop for it.

Sincerely,
    The know-it-all smartasses for the last 7 months
    the palm pre doesn't need 3d gaming. its just a gimmick for iphone loser f anboys. we don't need video recording, its not useable for a mobile device. the app catalog is about to boom.

-precentral 2009
    I'm going to complain about no bluetooth sharing and lag on the pixi. Other than that nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    ... the fact that they used hte verizon one probably means the Sprint one cant pull off running games and flash simultaneously.
    Maybe it means they're showing off their latest.

C'mon, when you got a new girlfriend, did you ask the old one out to the prom?
    I really think half the people in here should just stop complaining and get phones that do what you want.. I really don't think its that big a deal haha. My guess is Palm won't miss you and I'm convinced you won't miss it.
    Im still going to complain:

1) Even with updates, the battery life still stinks...sorry palm

2) No wifi tethering option for Sprint Pres. Would like to have a legit supported option rather than mytether

3) Build quality? Will Pre+ better better? Feel jilted by palm with all the Pre build quality issues if true...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Will wait for new hardware before considering a switch back..as well as wait to see what Apple has going. I figure it'll be summer before devs get PDK apps going in full swing.

If you didn't listen to the Palm presentation, you should. Palm mentions they chose to focus on games first with the PDK (an obvious choice) but they'll be addressing the core apps with it.

Still, if i didn't have an iphone, i'd own a Pre. I still think Sprint's choice of android phones is blah. JMO though.

Interesting thing is...Apple has to catch up, not Palm. My decision really has to do with more of what they do or don't do. Multitasking, notifications, better screen, better BT. And i'm wondering if that'll be enough to keep me because Apple has to be much better to justify the expense. Competition is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrstinkfish View Post
    Speaking of the headset, every now and then the phone will get stuck in headset mode. That really shouldn't happen.
    I've been having the same problem with my Pre for the last 4 months. I've used Q-tips and pipe cleaners, and had luck for the most part, but for the last two weeks I've had to answer all calls in speaker phone because nothing is working now. Are there many people out there with this problem?
    I really want some sort of Profile Management app ala Blackberry.

I should be able to tell my phone ONE TIME that I want it to ring during waking hours and vibrate during sleeping hours. I shouldn't have to keep flipping that little switch twice a day for something that is so regular. That switch should be primarily for silencing on the fly, not a task that is gonna happen every day for the life of the phone.

I would also like to be able to completely control how my phone reacts to specific contacts ala Google Voice/Blackberry. Just because I have someone's number saved in my contacts doesn't mean that I want to talk to them. Sure, I can hit the button to ignore, but again, if I know that I will ALWAYS send that number to voicemail I should be able to tell my phone to do it for me.

Is this too much to ask?
    of cours we will complain. what about the hunderds of features that regular phones have the the pre lacks. I'm sure maybe in another year or so we will be satisfied with the Pre or actually Pre2. Maybe when WebOS 2.0 and Pre 2 comes out I'll be happy, but I have to say all these announcements yesterday are a big plus. Its got me excited by palm again.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I wish the Palm f a n b o y s would admit to some failures on Palm's part. And saying Web OS is the most advanced smartphone OS is by far the weakest rebuttal ever. Secondly, where are people getting this idea of a Pre 2? Palm has a track record of wearing out form factors, even if there is a Pre 2, it will more then likely be the same size as the Pre. Look at the Pre Plus for a second, for all we know, internally, the Pre Plus was the Pre 2 for a while at Palm. That is normally how Palm does their handset upgrades, slowly, very slowly, they increase ram, maybe a slightly faster cpu next, etc, etc, ad museum. I was cool with it before because Palm OS was useful, and then with Windows Mobile, and both OS's had features. Quite frankly Web OS does not.
  11.    #111  
    Being a brand new complete system, i am happy over all. if you figured it would come out perfect, look at history. nothing i have seen has. not ps3, xbox 360, any windows products (and you would think they would have it down by now), hell not even any woman that is new to me dating has started out perfect.

i agree with a lot of the simple things here.

voice dial should be standard
    categorizing contacts (business, personal etc.) should be simple to do and easy on an update.

some of the other stuff like no flash and video recording is a different ball park as the development of the programs for the OS is a whole new process and will take time to make it right. look how long it took apple to get video on the iphone, was it not 3 years?
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow706 View Post
    I wish the Palm f a n b o y s would admit to some failures on Palm's part. And saying Web OS is the most advanced smartphone OS is by far the weakest rebuttal ever. Secondly, where are people getting this idea of a Pre 2? Palm has a track record of wearing out form factors, even if there is a Pre 2, it will more then likely be the same size as the Pre. Look at the Pre Plus for a second, for all we know, internally, the Pre Plus was the Pre 2 for a while at Palm. That is normally how Palm does their handset upgrades, slowly, very slowly, they increase ram, maybe a slightly faster cpu next, etc, etc, ad museum. I was cool with it before because Palm OS was useful, and then with Windows Mobile, and both OS's had features. Quite frankly Web OS does not.
    And what ground do the Iphone and Blackberry f a n b o y s have to stand on when Apple and RIM use the same form factors for their phones? When Palm had the Treo, they made minor tweaks over a long period of time because the form factor worked, it was solid. The Iphone form factor is solid and Apple's going to stick with it.

Admittedly, the Pre doesn't have the same build quality as the Treos, but it does have a sliding keyboard. I don't know if you've played with a DROID but its sliding screen is not the most confident either.
    Quote Originally Posted by madcow706 View Post
    Well there is not ground fro the Pre 2 but at this point I'm sure palm is aware in order to stay in business they have to be consider a bigger screen phone. I mean every smartphone now is becoming like 3.7 inch at least. I'm sure palm has this in their mind. Previously on Palm OS palm wout have in a lifespan of a phone like 1 or tops 2 updates but now its no longer like that. Remeber this is not the same Palm as it was with Palm OS. Remember there are about 100 employees that work for palm now that worked for apple before including their new CEO.
    I'm going to be envious of our new plus hardware buyers when they show up in droves. Their hardware that is, not their TCO. hip-hip-horray for expanding webOS community!
    Quote Originally Posted by surfhi View Post
    the palm pre doesn't need 3d gaming. its just a gimmick for iphone loser f anboys. we don't need video recording, its not useable for a mobile device. the app catalog is about to boom.

-precentral 2009
    I can't tell if this post is serious or sarcastic.

No Phone NEEDS to have games, video recording, email, instant messaging, GPS navigation, or internet access. All it NEEDS is to be able to place phone calls. Though, without 3d games, I fail to see how the app catalog will ever boom. You can only have so many Jesus trivia quizzes. I think there are about 200 at the moment. Can always squeeze a few more in I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Im still going to complain:

2) No wifi tethering option for Sprint Pres. Would like to have a legit supported option rather than mytether
    If you're on Sprint you have a option. It is this: Sprint Overdrive 4G mobile hotspot unboxing and hands-on -- Engadget
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    Did you not read my response? And Universal search makes sense to me, but I do thank you for explaining it, in case it didn't.

All they would need is a alpha button to tap, then as you use the onscreen dialpad "keypad'', while in hte phone app, it could pull up the person your searching.
    I did read your response, the question is, where are the contacts going to be displayed since the dialpad takes up the entire display? Once you have typed enough letters to filter down to a single contact I think you idea would work great but before that point I'm not sure how it would work without shrinking down the dialpad to a size that it is barely usable.
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    No phone NEEDS to have games, video recording, email, instant messaging, GPS navigation, or internet access. All it NEEDS is to be able to place phone calls.
    This is 2010.
    The only ppl that use cell phones strictly for phone calls, are our grandparents.
    These things are portable computers now. That's where the action is.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    This is 2010.
    The only ppl that use cell phones strictly for phone calls, are our grandparents.
    These things are portable computers now. That's where the action is.
    You're quoting me out of context dbd. **shakes fist in dbd's general direction** You know I was elaborating on sufhi's post for effect, not because I actually believe that smartphone is better off without all the bells and whistles.
    Only two things. It is absurd that a popular current phone does not have voice dialing (are there any others?). Or a tethering option that is legal.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast