Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    better Synergy (would be nice if we can filter what contacts go on the phone)
    The Pre will never be able to run any 3D games and no major software company will ever develop for it.

Sincerely,
    The know-it-all smartasses for the last 7 months
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    The Pre will never be able to run any 3D games and no major software company will ever develop for it.

Sincerely,
    haha may have made my day
    (if Palm hadnt already done that of course )
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    How about a good solid device that does not break if you look at it wrong, thats about it.
    buy an iphone...........thats the best!
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I Dont want no Button on my Sprint Pre now
    I posted this yesterday. Sorry but this is really annoying to me!

Ok, I have to comment here. How many of you know what an LED is? IT IS NOT Pronounced LED. It is L-E-D!!! Light emitting diode! It is not the ball/button, it is a diode which produces light when electricity flows one way! To remove the stupid ball is great! The ball is a physical switch, which means moving parts. Moving parts mean fail ratio increases! Put an L.E.D. under a touchscreen means BETTER hardware! Please, stop calling it LED, it is not a sinker or even METAL!!!!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    getting these cool paids apps in canada.....someday
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post

Sincerely,
    It really did have to be said...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Nothing. I can just see it now thousands of iphones app developers easily porting over. Who would have guessed they had a plan.

Oh oh lack of compass!! Palm you *******s?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    I'm not trying to slam palm. I'm just saying that gettig caught up with 2009 isn't really enough to entice new users to choose Palm over the competitors.
    Wanna bet?
    I'm serious. You say stuff like this, and I'm calling you on it. How much are you willing to bet that users will "choose Palm over the competitors".

Verizon apparently is willing to bet the price of around 400,000 units on it, but then... what do they know?
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I Dont want no Button on my Sprint Pre now
    You do realize that's a double negative? Think about what you just posted ....
    Last edited by RafRol; 01/07/2010 at 07:31 PM.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Build Quality (TM)
    +1
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    where they do dat at? palm how in the he** you go come out with alittle better pre for another phone company. is verzion paying you. oWell. going back to playing Oregon trail
    Does anyone think this IS better build quality? It is obviously re-designed, the center button is gone, the keyboard is all white. Maybe the slider will stay tight as well. I suppose we now are the Orange-Pre owners...
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Battery life is worse for me. So I'm complaining about that. I got a whopping 4 hours today with light usage. And it's been draining faster ever since the update.

I wish the user interface was faster, wish apps loaded faster. There's still a pregnant pause when doing a lot of things, especially while in a phone call, that makes using it frustrating.

Today when I was on a call, whenever I held the phone to my ear, it kept cutting in and out -- my friend noticed it on the other end, said he was hearing every few words only. When I put it on speaker, the problem disappeared. Took it off speakerphone and the same thing happened, so I finished my calls with the headset. Something buggy about the proximity feature I guess, since it only occurred when I held it to my ear. That's bad.

Speaking of the headset, every now and then the phone will get stuck in headset mode. That really shouldn't happen.

Until the perfect phone is released, there will be complaining. I don't see what the problem is with asking for improvements on a work in progress phone.
    Last edited by jrstinkfish; 01/07/2010 at 07:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    That some wild eyed optimism

The plugin architecture will help porting over apps that use proprietary UIs or need specialized processing in native code. It won't help porting productivity and business apps from established vendors. For that the Pre will have to sell in significant numbers and even then, it's a tough proposition. The games might help with sales and in a roundabout way motivate developers. But it will be a while.
    Did you actually read what I wrote? And have you kept up with CES? Palm is now going to both Verizon and AT&T. It's an outstanding device that will certainly be promoted by both carriers.

What's so "wild eyed" optimistic about thinking this is going to increase sales and developer interest? Particularly when developers can 1) port their apps fairly easily to the Pre, thus making the economics much more attractive, and 2) they can do so without the onerous restrictions that Apple has imposed and that has driven a number of high-profile developers off the iPhone platform?

Perhaps you're just morbidly pessimistic?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  17.    #77  
    my mom told me to tell you that i like my pre.
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    it make sense for palm to give pre plus exclusively to verizon. just kinda sucks to be a beta tester w/sprint while they get the ram upgrade... or is it not an upgrade. precentral front page says "yay", but forum mod seems to think otherwise in the "ram: pre plus will not 512mb" thread that's on this page. also palm's official site does not point this out in specs on the specs page for the device. is anybody at all able to confirm?

still diggin' the led button. led notifications patch helps quite a bit in positions that require security clearance.

overall i'm proud of palm for expanding. can't wait to reap the benefits from other carriers having webos devices in their respective lineups.
  19.    #79  
    i was anticipating the next pre for sprint. after seeing what verizon is getting i am really excited for the next version on sprint.

i think they should call it the palm bat phone

im mad mine is not going to have an expandable grappler
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    i was anticipating the next pre for sprint. after seeing what verizon is getting i am really excited for the next version on sprint.

i think they should call it the palm bat phone

im mad mine is not going to have an expandable grappler
    no way! they should call it the pre "graboid"... a la tremors.

... not really.

also, still no confirm on my post above... anybody?
    Last edited by OmegaSupreme; 01/07/2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: confirmation
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast